My sister's pregnant!!

arly1983

I just had to tell someone. She is in college and unmarried and hasn't told my mom yet. Her and her boyfriend of a 1.5 years were planning to get married after they got out of school. Now they are thinking a wedding in a chaple in the mountains. She told me first because she knew I would be excited. She is going to get my SS1 and my gift to her is going to be a convertable carseat. I am trying to decide if I want to get her a Marathon or an Uptown. Nobody is as concerned with carseats as I am so I will not be getting any help on this. Oh, I am so excited, I am going to be an auntie. Aunt Arly, I know that kid is going to be calling me something else. My cousins and my daycare kids call me Ar-ry.

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Hey, congrats!!!! :D That's exciting... It's fun to pick out a seat for someone, isn't it? I'm still deciding what seat to buy/recommend for my 3-month-old niece - Marathon or Uptown. Let us know what you decide - !

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Congrats!

We bought my SIL a Brooke MA when she was pg. If I can't buy girly carseats for my own family, atleast I can buy them for my neices.

We bought my brother's son a cowmoo MA... I don't think my nephew's mom likes it, LOL.

broken4u05

Congratz. A new baby is always soo nice. I can't wait till i have a baby. You are going to be a great aunt.

arly1983

My sister wanted something "cool" like my kids are in. The safe Voyage in the Circus Dot is cute but I think that is out of stock eveywhere. The Graco Comfort Sport comes in some cute girly colors but then theres that 30 lb RF limit (not that I think she will let it RF till 30 lbs) Oh, I have months to decide and will probably go with the Marathon. My currant fav for girl is Brooke and for a boy the Blue All-Star. Wonder if any new covers will come out in the next 4-5 months.

canadianmom2three

I just had to tell someone. She is in college and unmarried and hasn't told my mom yet. Her and her boyfriend of a 1.5 years were planning to get married after they got out of school. Now they are thinking a wedding in a chaple in the mountains. She told me first because she knew I would be excited.

Awwwww congrats!! Reminds me of me and DH - we got pg with our first when I was in university too, and it was our 'aunties' who were the most excited - I WISH we had told them first;) Btw we're coming up on our 10 year aniversary this summer, and are up to 3 kids now...all the best to your sis, and have fun being auntie arly (and picking our new carseats!!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC