Italian vacation with a Graco bucket?

Kat_Shoshin

Can you get a Graco Snugride 22 in a random rental car in Italy.

It is my understanding that you can using a locking clip - is this correct?

Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It shouldn't be a problem. They will most likely have lap/shoulder belts and you're right, most likely they won't lock.

If you bring the base, they may even have ISOFIX, which you could use the LATCH system with. But if not, just practice installing with lap/shoulder belts with a locking clip and you'll be fine. :)

Mae

Would you be using the base?

You can almost always install a bucket in any car with the base, and I've never come across a situation where I couldn't install a bucket without the base.

You would only need the locking clip if the seatbelt doesn't lock, which with a rental car, I don't think that would be a problem, due to the fact that all cars manufactured after '96 are required to lock in some way. I would bring one just in case though. Are you familiar with using a locking clip? I would suggest playing around with one before leaving, that way you can ask questions here and get used to it.

Here is a great link about using a locking clip. It also explains the different types of seatbelts and how they lock.

http://www.carseatsite.com/lockingclips.htm

ETA: I guess I didn't realize that in Italy, the "seatbelt must lock in some form after '96" may not apply. :eek: In this case, I highly recommend getting some practice with a locking clip before going. Maybe buy an extra one or two, just in case you lose one as well. :thumbsup:

BananaBoat

As long as you bring & can use a locking clip properly, you should have no problem. We took our KeyFit (which is installed the same way as the SnugRide without the base) to Europe in October. We had to use a locking clip in every car we came across there - taxis, rentals & family cars. None had locking belts in the back - at least not that I could figure out!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC