I had to ff YDS today

rodentranger

He screamed at me for nearly 40 minutes straight. A full on hyperventilating, choking, blood pressure raising fit. It was stressing me out so bad I felt a migraine coming on and was starting to shake. HE just would not stop screaming.
So I pulled over, unLATCHed his seat and turned him around. I installed him in the center with the seatbelt and he immediately stopped screaming. Within minutes of resuming driving, he fell asleep. While he was sleeping, I pulled over again and turned him back around. :p
Then I got him some lunch so when he woke up I could distract him with french fries.
He's been screaming every time I put him in the car. I guess I'll have to get a car adapter for the DVD player and keep it on all the time. I'm definitely not turning him ff full time yet.

ADS

Beckers

Is he in the center when RF as well? My youngest would scream the entire time in the car if he was in the middle, but did fine outboard. There's not much to look at from the middle, I guess. :p

rodentranger

Nope, he's outboard. Usually in the Pilot, I have my ODS in the center ff.
I am curious if he gets carsick like I do. If I'm not the driver, I can barely make it a few miles before I'm sick.

agurlsride

Nope, he's outboard. Usually in the Pilot, I have my ODS in the center ff.
I am curious if he gets carsick like I do. If I'm not the driver, I can barely make it a few miles before I'm sick.

My DD2 was like that from the time she was about 8mos old...she would scream whenever she was in the car...eventually she started vomiting on long trips. Then I found out that she was getting car sick, I finally turned her ff at 3yrs old because she would get sick so often, unfortunately that didn't help. She is just now outgrowing her motion sickness at 9yrs old.

rodentranger

I definitely think he's getting carsick. He won't eat in the car or for about an hour after getting out of the car either. His face gets all red and he's just not himself.
I'm pretty bummed. I'm not really sure what to do. I don't think he'll tolrate the SeaBands without screaming.

pj2rc

I definitely think he's getting carsick. He won't eat in the car or for about an hour after getting out of the car either. His face gets all red and he's just not himself.
I'm pretty bummed. I'm not really sure what to do. I don't think he'll tolrate the SeaBands without screaming.

My MIL swears by ginger tablets fromhe health food store for hercar sickness. They actually kind of taste like candy ... might work?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC