Help PLEASE with ERF 19 month old....

judesmommy

Okay so I tried out the Radian XTSL in my car (2001 Chevy Blazer) outboard with seat belts. It fit PERFECT! :2thumbsup: I actually got a rock solid, pretty upright install.

I also tried the True Fit Premier and it fit pretty good. It was a little too BIG for my car and I had to pull the front passenger seat up quite a bit, but, nothing I couldn't live with!

Anyways, so heres the deal:

My son is 19 months, 25 lbs. and about 31 inches. He is RF in a MA and has about 3-4 inches above his head left.

I was considering buying either a Radian or True Fit so that he can have a little more room and RF longer (hopefully until 2.5-3)

I have a Graco Nautilus that I got as a present for my son's 1st birthday, I have the marathon, and I have a Cosco 3-in-1 (for grandma's car)

The Cosco 3-in-1 is outgrown rear facing..... He is too tall....

What should I do:

1) Sell the Nautilus and 3in1, buy a Radian XTSL for the main car and put the MA RF in grandma's car.

2) Sell Nautilus and 3in1, buy True fit and put MA RF in grandma's car

3) Put DS FF in grandma's car in the nautilus and keep him RF in main car in MA

4) Just use the MA RF in both cars (switch seat back and forth) and wait and see what new 40lbs RF car seats come out soon.

BTW: he has like NO growing room in the MR and I hate how the complete air installs in my car.

Questions:

If I get the radian, how do you feel about having it out board?? What if his legs are out of the seat and get crushed in an accident??

He has more room in the true fit, height wise, but, it only RF to 35lbs... so is it better to get a TF or a radian??

ETA: I can get pictures by the end of the week if that would help with picking the perfect seat.

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
If he's got 3-4" above his head in a MA, he should have around the same in a MR. DD was the same height and weight at your DS at that. She had a crazy long torso then. She's a few months shy of 4 and could still RF in the TF if I didn't feed her that day. :) and still has an inch and a half of growing room in the MR. She loves the MR. She had 2" growing room when we got it for her 6 months ago, and has grown an inch and half in overall height, but only a half inch of that was torso. I am super glad her legs started growing and her torso slowed down. :)

Guess I'm saying, don't rule out the MR just yet!

The only other advice I have is to sell the Nautilus unless you want it hanging around for another 2-3 years. :) He's definitely too young to be FF in it now, in anyone's vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC