Votes: 4 4.2%

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 8-9

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • 10+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

christineka

Just curious. With the discontinue of the vivo, I now own six discontinued seats. I hope I don't get into any crashes because I don't know what I'd replace the bodyguard with!
I have:
2 radian 80s (for the purpose of my poll, the non SL radians count as discontinued seats)
2 recaro vivos
1 britax regent and
1 britax bodyguard

How many non-expired discontinued seats do you own?

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
1 Regent
2 SafeGuard Child Seats
1 SafeGuard GO (design was bought by Dorel, but minor changes were made)
1 old-style RSTV (new-style has different design and limits, old-style no longer made)
1 Uptown
2 non-SL Radian 65s
1 non-SL Radian 80

So, that would be 9.

AtTheSouthDam

Just one, the Radian 80 but I suspect it will 2 soon. I would be surprised if Recaro doesn't discontinue the Young Sport as soon as the ProSport is actually released.

mykidsmom

Vivo
Signo
Radian65
expired SR stored away in our loft (forgot about that one!) So actually 4, not 3!

The others that are non-expired are the turbo booster (assuming our print is not expired, it is still NIB), and our 1 year old BLVD.

These are for 2 kids in 1 car.

Last edited:

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I currently own 2 discontinued seats.

Frontier
20 pound Snugride

I think I'll be able to add my Boulevard to that list in a few months, too, based on all the rumors about the new Britax seats.

April

Oh, the non SL radians count? Change my vote from 4 to 7. I also have 3 discontinued seats at my house that belong to another member.

skipspin

Almost all of my seats are irreplaceable.

Britax Wizard
2 RN 65s (oldest style, in Coastal no less)
Original Safeguard Go
Britax Parkway
Roundabout (40# version)

Not discontinued:
Coccoro
RYS (exp in a year, and might be disc soon)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I think 4, but w/ the new CCO coming out hopefully soon, it'll be 5 I guess?

old style 33# BV
FPSVB
RNXT
SS1

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
None, unless you count the expired SR in the garage that I hang onto for use as a feeding seat.

I did have an Airbooster, but I crashed it. *Sniffle*

amy&girls

Then I have 2 that I know for sure, my safeseat1 (which expires in like 3yrs) and my Evenflo Titan 5 (think that was the model, which expires at the end of this year). The only other two I have that I'm not sure of are the cosco highback booster which sits in my garage, b/c I never use it for anything but doesn't expire till the end of next year and my apex65 which expires in 2yrs... My almost 5yr old just stopped using the apex and is now in a turbo booster.

I just realized that *all* the seats in the Home for Old Boosters are discontinued:

2 Parkways (one Sapphire and one Nantucket)
2 FPSVs (Tan Tech pattern)
1 Air Booster
1 old style RSTV

So *none* of the seats I own are still in production - does that mean I have a good excuse to get DD's something new (I know, silly question to ask here at Car-Seat-Enablers.org:whistle:)

aeormsby

I voted before I thought everything through. I voted 2 but realized it's actually 3. And soon to be 5 from the sounds of the Britax thread.

Discontinued:
Avenue
Safeguard GO
Frontier

The only other seats we have are 2 Marathons.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC