What will fit...

njkj

Where a True Fit w/headrest won't. DD has about 4 inch to grow w/o the headrest BUT is creeping up on the weight limit so I figured I should try it out in the car w/ the headrest and well it is a no-go :mad: Like for it to fit the front seat had to past upright or so far forward there is no room for any ones legs to fit :mad: So I guess we need a new seat, DH is not going to be happy.

So I drive a 04 Suzuki XL7 and DD is 6m and 18-20lbs (will find out for sure at her 6m appt tomorrow) with a 11 1/2in torso.

I know the CC will fit but I am afraid it won't last to long.

ADS

monstah

The CCO will likely last her until she is 2 years old RF.

Have you tried a MyRide? That would probably be my first stop.

njkj

I have not tried anything yet but I think I am going to take a trip to BRU tomorrow.

Did you install it more upright, or is it still at a newborn recline?

This is how it is installed right now but her head flops forward when she sleeps so idk if I will be able to put it more upright :(

383242966.jpg

monstah

I have about the same amount of room in my car. I'd also try a Complete Air.

I'd suggest going to BRU by yourself & bring tightly rolled towels or pool noodles. Then you can leave your ID at customer service and try out different seats. I have done that more than a few times figuring out my 3 across.

njkj

Well the CA was a no-go :( next tuesday while DS is at school I will head back to BRU and try the MR. BTW she was 17lbs and 26 1/2in long today at the doc.

DahliaRW

Will it install in the middle and go between the seats? I wouldn't buy now, see what her weight is and if you have a few pounds wait a bit. She may get more head control and be able to be more upright by the time she puts on the weight, so you might be able to make the TF work.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
How old is she? If she's getting close to 6 months....then she'll likely be more active soon and her gain will slow down.

My son was 20 pounds 8 oz at 6 months, but didn't break 21 pounds until he was over 16 months old.

Susan

njkj

Will it install in the middle and go between the seats? I wouldn't buy now, see what her weight is and if you have a few pounds wait a bit. She may get more head control and be able to be more upright by the time she puts on the weight, so you might be able to make the TF work.

Nothing will go in the middle, not even a person lol. She has great head control it is just when she sleeps she turns into a little bobble head. It doesn't wake her up but it bothers ME.

How old is she? If she's getting close to 6 months....then she'll likely be more active soon and her gain will slow down.

My son was 20 pounds 8 oz at 6 months, but didn't break 21 pounds until he was over 16 months old.

Susan

She just turned 6 mons. I think I am more worried about the height than the weight.

Are you still using the infant insert? I had problems with that causing some head going forward issues.

Nope no insert.

I wonder if the Avenue will fit?

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
With that much room over her head, I wouldn't worry about height either. Nicholas is just over 30" tall and doesn't need the top on yet at almost 17 months.

Susan

arly1983

Corroco would most likely work and maybe an Avenue. I know I could get both in that space but the Avenue might have to be more upright. It would be according where the top of the avenue would come to on your seat back. You see how you seatback curves back more towards the top you go?

christineka

I'd weight. It may take your dd another 6 months to need that headrest put on and then she'll be able to sit up more.

Spam

Coccoro would probably last her awhile, but if you want a 40lb seat the MR takes up less space than the TF, or it does for me at least in our 00 durango. With the TF I had the same problem, had to be reclined enough his head woulnd't flop for my liking, but then the front seat was really close to the dash. I :love: the cco, the front seat can be all the way back, and with the MR it's plenty comfy as well, not all the way back but far enough. The efta took up less space than the TF as well.

njkj

I think we will try the MR. I am also gonna take a pic and see how much room y'all think she has as I am not sure I measured right.

Amy7707

I'd try the MR. We ended up with a MR instead of the TFP in the middle back seat of my Saab. The back of the MR is narrower than the TF so it puzzles between the front seats better. They can both go back reasonably far so the driver and passenger are comfortable.

Pixels

Unless ALL of her height is in her torso, she has plenty of height room without the headrest. My daughter is wearing 3T shirts, almost 32 inches tall, and wouldn't need the headrest if not for her weight.

I'm pretty sure the tail of the LATCH strap should be through the lockoff.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC