I got into the tech class!!!

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
I found out Thursday - I'm so excited!!!

The woman handling registration (and I assume she's one of the instructors too) called me last week to ask why I wanted to go. We talked for about 20 minutes and she sounded pretty positive and actually said "you sound like somebody we want on our side." So I was feeling pretty good. But she also said she'd be calling people this week (the paperwork said all accepted applicants would be notified by 3/1).

But when I didn't get a call by 3/1 I thought I was out and I was feeling pretty bummed. This class was just too perfect in timing and location. Then the mail came. I got the big envelope as they say :) Horray!!!

Now, what to study? I've already downloaded the manual and I'm printing 20 pages at a time to read -it's over 300 pgs!

Dh is affraid I'll get beaten up (joking) because I will want to say too much and come off as a know-it-all ;-) I think I can keep my mouth shut for a few days just long enough to pass (fingers crossed).

ADS

Robert

CPST Instructor
Congratulations,

Study the questions in the back of each section, don't be afraid to ask questions.

You should do fine

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Congrats!!!! Like I was telling Jenny, you'll do fine in the class. I didn't study anything ahead of time. You do want to study once you get in there - there's alot of info - but most of it you already know. Remember that most folks in the class - firefighters, state troopers, etc - have never installed a seat, don't know about different kinds of seatbelts, etc.

Anyway, that's exciting! Keep us posted...

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
Congratulations! :p

When does your class start?

Thanks! The class is April 10-13. I work p/t so I'll have to take a day off, and my mom will have to watch my kids 5 days that week. Actually, that is my biggest concern. My 18 month old still nurses on my lunch hour occasionally. Maybe she'll wean herself after this ;-)

I need to send in my payment this month (by the 21st I think). The fee is going to be my b-day present from DH (per my request). I told him its the best gift he could give me, LOL!

scatterbunny

I will! :) I don't know if I'll have an internet connection at my grandma's (where I'll be staying), but if I do, I'll be on every night with updates. :p

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
I need to send in my payment this month (by the 21st I think). The fee is going to be my b-day present from DH (per my request). I told him its the best gift he could give me, LOL!

LOL! That's what DH gave me for mother's day one year. I thought it was a great gift!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC