Letter from Britax to Companion owners...

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
I got a letter from Britax yesterday concerning the handle position on the Companion. The manual has always said for it to be all the way down for the in-car position, but they just wanted to reitterate that. I thought it was kind of strange for them to send out a "reminder" letter. I wonder what the story behind it is...

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yikes. That makes me wonder... has there been a terrible accident and Britax is now pulling a CYA?

Splash

How was it tested by CR? If CR left it up, Britax might just want to remind people that CR is comprised of a bunch of idiots (car seat wise) who can't read a manual to save their mothers' lives.

Morganthe

How was it tested by CR? If CR left it up, Britax might just want to remind people that CR is comprised of a bunch of idiots (car seat wise) who can't read a manual to save their mothers' lives.

LOL Splash -- but remember, the vast majority of the public can't seem to read manuals either -- What was the figure for incorrect installation & car seat usage? Something around 70%?
So they're just reflecting the Average American Joe schmo :p :(

arly1983

You know what, I had a companion at one time so I watched the crash footage from CR very closely to how big of a "jump" the seat made and I could have swore to you the handle was up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC