Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

How washable is a BOB jogging stroller?

For those of you who own a BOB stroller...is ALL of the fabric (ie. seat covers, hood, etc) removable for washing? I can't seem to find the info on-line and I am considering buying a used BOB that needs a major cleaning. Good idea or bad?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Mylilboyblue's Avatar

Re: How washable is a BOB jogging stroller?

That is a good question. I have a BOB Revolution and I have never had to take the cover off. That being said I am not exactly sure how to do it. I know that the cover is bolted on. It isn't an easy removal like a BJ is.

I read someplace that you can remove them for washing. Why don't you email their customer care (they are great BTW!) and ask. They get back to you pretty quickly.

DS1 - 9, DS2 - 6, DS3 - 3, and DS4- due September 2016

Okay! Good to know. Thanks! I will do that. I think I found a dualie for $150 on craigslist....but now the person isn't responding

CPS Technician

I haven't needed to wash my BOB yet, but I have another jogging stroller that I washed. I just took it out on the back lawn on a sunny day, and hosed it down. It took about 3 hours or so sitting in the sun to dry.
    DS 4/06 Recaro Performance Booster; DS 1/08 FR90; DD 10/09 RF XTSL; 10/11 RF XTSL

yup you can, just have to unscrew it, but I am sure you could just hose it and scrub it, its a really durable material! probably a lot easier!

Okay, good idea! I can hose it off Am I right for thinking $150 for a dualie revolution is an awesome deal?

Better than a hose: Pressure washer.

I'm so bummed. This guy said I could come look at it today at 12, and so I wrote him back IMMEDIATELY asking where I should meet him....and 4 hours later, no response. I'm soooo bummed! I neeeed this stroller! For real!

Carseat Crazy

That was a great deal for that stroller! Bummer you didn't get it.

I have taken all the screws out and machine washed the fabric but it was super tedious taking it apart and putting it back together! I have also just hosed off all the fabric and that seemed to work just as well. A friend of mine takes hers to the do it yourself car wash and uses the high pressure hose. She says it's fantastic and super easy that way!
    JANELLE, nanny to
    B - 8 , S - 6, K 4

Shortly after I posted, the person called me and I GOT IT! YESSS! It needed a major cleaning and something is preventing the front wheel from being placed in the "fixed" position, but other than that, it's great!!! I attempted to unscrew the entire cover, but then got "stuck" with some sort of webbing that was bolted onto the frame....so I gave up on that!