Revenge of the funky old seats...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So last week I was surprised to see an old-style blue Triumph box at BRU, figured they were clearing out the warehouse for the new Triumph 65's or Momentums slated to come soon. Well, they probably are still doing that, but yesterday I go in and there's another new-to-us-but-old pattern of Triumph, some 40lb Symphony's, some program-seat-looking Tribute boxes (at least it's the 35lb RF limit ones), a brown plaid Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 with a 40lb FF limit, and a new Summit. Not anything new about it except the cupholders and the cover (red with black piping, rather than dark brown Eddie Bauer)...same giant base that makes it hard to install, same low top slots with the only warning about the topmost slots being only for booster mode on page 13 of the manual (Makes me want to be superstitious about the number 13...), same horrid belt guides, same 40 pound limit (but broadly and colorfully labeled to go to 100 pounds as a booster, of course). Argh. But what do we NOT get? The lovely Delano light blue MR65 that's on sale and we have none of. And the Herringbone gray MA that's lovely and cheap on sale. Double Argh.

Just had to vent, sometimes working for a big box retailer sucks the life right out of me. Rubbing salt in my wound is that 'hi-end' stores get Parkway SG's, and Canada gets Evenflo Maestros (we still have fugly brown plaid Chases...). :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
ADS

Kat_Momof3

I'm so sorry. I haven't gone in BRU still (even though I really do want to get there at some point and see if Jeffrey would still have room in the Frontier 85 after outgrowing the Monterey) just because while sometimes they have something cool, their overall selection kind of stinks.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
(((HUGS))) If it's any consolation, I stopped at the tiny BRU in my county today to drop off a flyer for the upcoming end-of-class check event and they didn't have anything new or cool there either. The one guy in the gear dept who has been there for a while and knows me well said "hey, what's new?" and I replied jokingly "nothing here!" :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah well, I knew I'd be out of my funk pretty fast...I spent half an hour today discussing the best seat for a grandma to buy for her dd, did a quick check for a guy who's friend had said to come to BRU to find me, and had a good hour of playard-buying excitement with another set of grandparents, lol. I barely even noticed our abundantly craptastic selection :p (we have this learning segment at our quarterly meetings, "are you smarter than a BRU buyer?" and yes, the answer is yes, I am :p....at least in that department!!!!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC