Does anyone else have problems with the quality of Radian covers?

True Blue

I have 2 Radians. One is RN80 flower cover, and the other is the XT pink hawaiian cover. The XT is the worst...is is faded, the fuzz is literally coming out at the roots making gray spots, it stains...it looks years old instead of less than one year!!! The 80 cover is doing better, but even that has faded. I don't recall this happening with Britax (except for the denim cover, which, by nature, fades). I like the RN's better than the MA's for numerous reasons, but this cover issue is irking me.

ADS

True Blue

Maybe the new SL ones are better? I mean, I literally have chunks of plush coming off that hawaiian cover just from rubbing a stain....when it's dry I'll have to post pics. The 80 cover is holding up better, I bet it is the same material as the one on your SL!

AtTheSouthDam

Well, my Granits SL faded from 6 weeks in the car.

However the princess cover still looks pretty close to new (the pilow still matches) and it will be 2 years old at the end of summer.
So I think it depends on vehicle (window tinting), use and luck.

NVMBR02

I haven't had much trouble with my covers. I have had a coastal blue Radian 65, Princess Radian 80 a Malibu Radian XT and a Rio XT. The malibu (the same one you have) has faded a bit but it doesn't look bad otherwise. I recently sold my princess radian 80 and I think it looked great. The coastal blue Radian was also in great shape when it was sold. My Rio XT has been fine, the only issue was the belly pad kept coming off. I added a few stitches and it is fine now.

BudgieStew

I've had 5 Radian covers(Coastal Blue, two Granite, Champagne, and Desert) and had no problems with any of them.

mcomommy

Maybe you got a defective cover? I have 3 covers (one of them used) and all of them are still in great condition. My windows are tinted though so I am sure that helps with fading.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have a sedan, so my seats are right next to the window and I don't have tinted windows. I have two Radian XT covers and have no issues with either cover. The stickers on the other hand... :doh:

True Blue

Weird!!!! I have tinted windows and do live in FL, but the car is parked in the carport whenever it's home (which is the majority of the time). Well, maybe there is some defect in mine and I should call SK!:confused: The hawaiian (is that the Malibu one? I am so out of the name loop atm) one is the one that is bugging me, the slight fading of the other I can handle.

coleslawcat

My seat has the mesh and it has fuzzed up horribly anywhere there is regular friction (behind my son's head, on the side where he climbs up). I noticed this after only 3 months with the car seat. We garage it and have tinted windows, although our problem hasn't been fading.

True Blue

If SK won't give me a replacement, does anyone know where else to find a cover for the XT? I only see XTSL on their site and it says they are not compatible.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC