DH vs. the expired seat I rescued

seamonkeys

Warning, nasty pictures! ;)

DH took a saw to the seat I got from a garage sale last week (seen in this thread) and then came in the house and almost puked!

OMG, how does a seat get this nasty? This is after he shook the chunks out! :eek: Yes, that's a pile of crap that came out of it! I guess there was more, but by the time I came out to see, the dog had got to them. Stupid dog. :rolleyes:

033-1.jpg
034-2.jpg

031.jpg

DH says if I bring home any more expired seats, I have to take care of destroying them. :p

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
hehe Nice. Well, not the pile of crap. Ewwww

I've got a couple of old Roundabouts on my front porch (1998 and 2004). They're going to be recycled on Wednesday, along with three other seats (ranging from 1992-2002).

Wendy

AtTheSouthDam

This thread needs a warning.. I was eating breakfast.

It's not really crap right, just trash and junk, food stuff, etc?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
People who treat a Britax (old style Roundabout, was it? with the bigger base that allowed a ton of RF leg room...) so wrong...well... I have no love for them :p

seamonkeys

This thread needs a warning.. I was eating breakfast.

It's not really crap right, just trash and junk, food stuff, etc?

Sorry, I was going to put a warning last night but then got distracted and forgot. :eek:

People who treat a Britax (old style Roundabout, was it? with the bigger base that allowed a ton of RF leg room...) so wrong...well... I have no love for them :p

Agree, I don't know how people can neglect a seat this bad! :(

kaleigh71

I want to know what made them think to put a crap-filled car seat out to sell anyway? Gross. Didn't it stink or anything?

A little OT, how do you get them to come down to less than $5 on a seat? Do you explain to them it is expired? I would love to do this but I'm afraid I am not a good garage sale haggler.

pj2rc

I am always temptd to buy the horrible seats I see at yard sales, but think DH would kill me -- for spending the $ to buy them then the $ to garbage them. There are just too any. I just hope they are bad enough that no one is dumb enough to buy them. What is your approach (I can't access your referenced post :))

seamonkeys

I want to know what made them think to put a crap-filled car seat out to sell anyway? Gross. Didn't it stink or anything?

A little OT, how do you get them to come down to less than $5 on a seat? Do you explain to them it is expired? I would love to do this but I'm afraid I am not a good garage sale haggler.

Honestly I think the seat had belonged to a family member, not the guy selling. Or maybe it was for a grandchild (he was probably my dad's age). But I didn't even haggle! When I asked how much, he said, "I don't know, what do carseats go for these days, $5?" I then did explain that it was expired, so I just wanted to possibly salvage the cover and destroy the seat. That's when he offered it for $2! :thumbsup: I definitely won't be doing this on a regular basis. Way too many out there! I just happened to be going to some garage sales and came upon this one.

krasota

That can happen very, very quickly with the combination of raisins and juice boxes on a loooong drive to grandma's house. :whistle:

sunnymw

That can happen very, very quickly with the combination of raisins and juice boxes on a loooong drive to grandma's house. :whistle:

BTDT but always cleaned it out when I got there!! (I recall our 13 hr trips to Indiana :rolleyes: PB crackers are NOT fun NO NO NO)

msg221

Which is exactly why I only allow water when the kids are in the car seats. My other fear, especially because they are rear facing and I can't see them, is for them to start choking on something if I let them eat in the car. I try to make sure they have been fed before we go anywhere.

Ltaylor

My seats are "crumby" but that is just DISGUSTING!!!!!

The EFTA is as well. The Frontier is new and I have recently banned food and drinks in the car.

BTDT but always cleaned it out when I got there!! (I recall our 13 hr trips to Indiana :rolleyes: PB crackers are NOT fun NO NO NO)

Oooo, that trip is horrible. We drive 12-14hrs to Indiana as well.
When DD was 2, still ERF, we were driving back down here and were going through the Mountains in TN. Of course there is virtually NO WHERE to stop and not even a shoulder to pull over. DD got hungry and i gave her some gold fish crakers and a drink to hold her until we could get to a place to eat.

She got choked and I couldnt get to her. I could unbuckle her, but I couldnt get her up and over the carseat or the front seats and I couldnt get back there to her.

DH had to pull over in the Accident investigation site pull off. I got out and grabber her out of that seat so fast. We almost got a ticket for being stopped in that investigation pull off but after we told the cop what was going on, he checked her out and let us go.

When we finally got someplace to stop, I flipped her around for the rest of the trip home. I was scared to death.

obamamama

so the cover is missing from your post? did you salvage it? if the shell was that messed up, could you even save the cover???

seamonkeys

so the cover is missing from your post? did you salvage it? if the shell was that messed up, could you even save the cover???

Yes, I took the cover off when I got it and washed it. It actually didn't look that bad, but after the 1st wash I noticed in the creases on the seat part that it didn't really get clean - like it had been puked on. So I threw it in the wash again. But it wasn't that bad, so I'm not sure how all the crap got underneath like that. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC