I just want to cry, my parkway is broken for good....

emandbri

for a while it has sometimes slipped but I have always been able to jiggle it and get it to lock. On fri I tried to use it and it would NOT STAY. I'm so sad I love the bubble fun cover! :crying:

I know I could call britax and get a slide guard but I really don't want a slide guard.

With my parkway broken and my star riser expired I'm now down to only one high back, my monterey. I'm going to move it from car to car until I figure out what seat to get. I had high hopes for the cybex but Benjamin wouldn't fit in it very long. I'd like an oobr but can't get past the white frame that the green and brown covers come with, I think it would look really bad in my van. I would have to buy an oobr in a cover that comes with the black frame and then buy or trade covers, that will get quite expensive. A frontier would work but that is quite a lot to pay when I want to use it only as a booster. I like the probooster but I want latch.

I want a booster with latch that is easier to use than the monterey, that is tall, and has a cover that is tan or brown. Am I really asking too much. :rolleyes:

ADS

MomToEliEm

I am so sorry to hear about your parkway. I have had issues with the parkway headrest slipping as well, but luckily I always get it to lock in place. I will be sad if my parkway broke as my daughter really likes it.

I hope some new latchable boosters come on the market soon which might meet your criteria. Do you have any stores near you that carry the Oobr? Maybe if you could try it in your car to see how it looks, you might decide it isn't so bad.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
What a bummer. I really really love our old style parkway. It is such a good fit for my dd. I'm in the same struggle. I want a new booster but can't figure out what. I have high hopes for the Probooster.

ginny4

You don't have to use the slide guard feature. i'd call. or maybe is it that you just don't liek the redesign of the parkway at all.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
ProBooster?

ETA: nevermind - just saw that you said you thought about it but want LATCH... sorry!

emandbri

I found a high end baby store that has the oobr, I've never been there I'll have to check it out. Benjamin will be off school in a few weeks I can take him then.

I would say he is in Brian's car about once a month, it wouldn't be too much trouble to move the monterey back and forth for a while. He will be 7 in Aug. If the camry had side airbags I might be okay with him using a backless but it doesn't.

It isn't the slide guard that I don't like I'd just like something with more sides on it. I was okay using the parkway since I already owned it but if I'm buying something new I want it to have some sides.

I do like the probooster. I could buy it for Brian's car and keep the monterey in the van but I'd like of like to get something that latches since eventually we will most likely get Brian a new car that has latch. So far the camry is going strong, no reason to replace it but it is 10 years old so we would most likely get a new car before whatever booster I buy expires.

Last edited:

emandbri

Okay, I played with it now it is working fine. :rolleyes: Still going to check out the oobr when I get a chance, the milk and cookies and dragonfly would look awesome next to Elizabeth's floral.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I found when it no longer would lock into place automatically, you can manually pop the vertical plastic runners on the back outward. That causes it to lock into place. You may have to repeat it each time you use the lever to adjust it. Kind of a hassle, but if you aren't readjusting it frequently for multiple kids, it works well.

emandbri

Ugg something else I didn't think about, the black Monterey will get hot in the summer. I guess I could put the red cover back on which might help a bit. I am now remembering that Daniel said the red Monterey was hot in the summer and I moved the parkway to the van until it was cooler.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC