Radian belly pad fraying

leighi123

Does anyone else have this problem? Im on my THIRD belly pad and its already fraying again! , and I've only been using the seat for less than 4 months!

Does this happen with all of the covers or just some? (I have nitro, the belly pad is red meshy fabric). Would a different cover help?

I NEED to use the belly pad for ds, b/c most of the time he doesnt wear a shirt in the car (and um sometimes he is nakey if we've been to the beach), and even when fully dressed, he complains that his tummy hurts if the belly pad isnt on.

Its driving me insane having to replace it all the time, I tried sewing the edge of the bias tape to prevent it, but it didnt help any!

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

Where is it fraying? Is the bias tape coming undone and fraying? That is where mine has come undone. I bugs me but not enough enough to fix it. I suppose I sholud do that while it is out of the car....

leighi123

Where is it fraying? Is the bias tape coming undone and fraying? That is where mine has come undone. I bugs me but not enough enough to fix it. I suppose I sholud do that while it is out of the car....

The bias tape where the ends of the tape meet eachother. It will fray a tiny bit, and then get stuck on clothes/shoes/foot etc and then end up as a ball of string with the whole edge of the tape comming off. Ds knows not to mess with it but it still ends up happening in just a couple weeks of use (and we arent even in the car often). It looks like a big mess and ends up being useless after a while b/c the layers of it seperate once the tape is off.

AtTheSouthDam

Well, then, thank you for the motivation to sew that up tonight! Mine hasn't got that far yet and I think we are going to need a belly pad this summer. (We don't need another true fit incident, do we? DD2 is rather unforgiving of pinches).

StillThankful

Ditto here:) I haven't had my Radian that long either but the belly pad started fraying a while ago. My cover is flora so it isn't just yours.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Add me to the list. And our XT is a spare, so it's hardly been used. I've even noticed a bare spot rubbing on the cover. :( This cover will definitely not last. I can't imagine how bad they'd be if it was used on a regular basis. :(

soccer_widow

I'm on my second one, but thought of a great solution last week as I was making hairbows. I cut off the longer strings, and singed the ends of the fraying part with a lighter. Worked great.

April

I have a Rio that is fraying the exact same as you describe. Its actually getting really bad. Has SKJP been sending you replacements? i should really call about mine, its annoying.

myliljunebugs

me too, I have an XT with the Nitro cover and the belly pad looks AWFUL, then I have an 80 with the Princess cover and the pad is almost as bad. She is about to go into the XT with the flora cover and I'm worried what will happen with it :( Maybe I should look into preventative maintenance before installing it. le sigh.

Katy

I just washed my friends seat and her belly pad and harness covers are doing this, she has only had it for 2 months with an infant. She has the flora, and I can see that the infant supports are starting wear too.

I have 2 eclipes (sp ) and both are fine.

featherhead

Yup, my Ventura did that after less than 2 weeks. I called on Friday, and had a new belly pad by Monday. (which is super quick up here)

tiggercat

My ventura did the same thing, I took the belly pad off the other day because it was getting ridiculous. I hadn't called yet since my seat was a replacement for a defect and I feel bad complaining, but really, it is pretty bad. The cover is showing a lot of wear too, I wish I'd gotten another plush.

Cryssy Jane

my flora one is fine. The venture one I bought though frayed like crazy like that not even 2 days after I put it on :( SK said to send pictures.

MarathonMama

All 3 of my covers (2 malibu, 1 flora) have done this within weeks of getting them! I've just taken them off as I don't have time to sew them (not that I should have to in the first place).

leighi123

SKJP sends me new ones when I can be bothered to call and complain. So far they havent questioned it, although they've sent 2 new ones and I need another.

I also lost the 2 black prong things that hold the cover on, so I need to order replacement ones (that was my fault though)

And the yellow memory foam (butt pad area) ripped where the crotch buckle hole is.

ANOTHER thing was that the first time I took the cover off, on the headwing there is a chunk of foam missing- totally gone, I looked everywhere for it. That was a month after I got the seat, and SKJP's email wouldnt let me send pics for some reason, so so far, I havent been able to show them what the issue is to get it resolved.

I love the seat and so does ds but there are so many little things that are anoying me.

melniemi

My flora did this as well. They sent me a new one. You could always use Fray Check on the edges if you don't want to seal them with a lighter.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC