Nauti in a Rav4?/Seat reccomendations

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member
Hey guys, quick question. I recently discovered a friend of mine on the other side of the province has his 3 year old 55# son in a booster. He was in some sort of 3 in 1 (Not sure which one, since I'm no where near him) and outgrew the harness so they have him in the booster in that seat. I've seen the fit and it is not good, and I know he does not have the impulse control for a booster, and the poor little guy is just too young. The family is low income, and I'm helping them out to get a new seat. It will primarily be in a 2002 Rav4. My ideal would be a Nautilus, since it's relatively inexpensive (there is no way we could get anything like a frontier) plus I can get a discount through work, and it would later work as a decent HBB and LBB. I don't have access to him to measure his height and his father has given me multiple answers, but I do know he is the 55#. Has anyone had any problems with a Nauti in a Rav4? I know it would have to be 100% on the seat. Any other reccomendations for a combination seat that won't break the bank? I have a feeling I'm taking most of the monetary hit on this one, which I'm ok with for his safety, and this is a very good friend of mine and I know he would buy the new seat in a heartbeat if his circumstances allowed it.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It should fit fine from what I've seen of older-model RAV4s. The center seat is very narrow so it may fit better outboard, but I don't think you would have install difficulties. Good for you for helping them, that's very kind of you. :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I think that it would fit fine. I've mainly seen UAS installs in Rav 4's, but don't recall anything out of the ordinary in the outboard position. I had a complete air in a rav 4 last night rear-facing and there was quite a bit of seat depth before there would've been any overhang on the bottom of the seat. So I'm pretty certain that there'll be no problem with getting the Nautilus on the seat.

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member
I am very happy to hear this should work. I'm not going to get a chance to see the vehicle before we install, so I was nervous. The father is one of my best friends and had his son very young, and has always had a hard time. Now he's busy raising his son and another son which isn't his and they barely make it by. This seat will be such a good thing for them and I really hope they can get lots of use out of it. He's a very rambunctious little guy and I was told he's been locking the seatbelt to keep him in place because he kept trying to get out.

mommycat

Kaitlyn, where are you/they located and what deal can you get on the Nauti? I have a raincheck for a nauti from Zellers for $179.97 that will expire in January and this sounds like a good case for using it, if you would like, assuming your discount isn't a better deal.
(you can PM me if you prefer)

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member
Kaitlyn, where are you/they located and what deal can you get on the Nauti? I have a raincheck for a nauti from Zellers for $179.97 that will expire in January and this sounds like a good case for using it, if you would like, assuming your discount isn't a better deal.
(you can PM me if you prefer)

Hmm, I'll have to do the math to figure it out. I'm in Amherst, but he's in New Germany (By Bridgewater). I work at WalMart so I get a 10% discount, but I can't remember what the regular Nauti price is at our store.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC