Is the Jeep Cherokee Sport a good stroller?

Auntie2six

I just bought this stroller from Wal-Mart, got it on sale. I was wondering if I should be second guessing this purchase...I bought it for my two year old nephew to have at my house when he comes over. Therefore it will be used rarely. I wanted a lightweight stroller with a recline feature, tray, and storage basket, also a standing fold and this stroller had it all. Anyone have any experience with this stroller? I also have a Graco Literider stroller without the tray and a Graco Vienna stroller with tray for baby and no tray for parent. Would it be wise of me to just keep one of the ones that I have or keep the Jeep one? I think its really cute...just don't know much about it. Any help is appreciated! TIA! :thumbsup:

ADS

noahsmom24

I just bought this stroller from Wal-Mart, got it on sale. I was wondering if I should be second guessing this purchase...I bought it for my two year old nephew to have at my house when he comes over. Therefore it will be used rarely. I wanted a lightweight stroller with a recline feature, tray, and storage basket, also a standing fold and this stroller had it all. Anyone have any experience with this stroller? I also have a Graco Literider stroller without the tray and a Graco Vienna stroller with tray for baby and no tray for parent. Would it be wise of me to just keep one of the ones that I have or keep the Jeep one? I think its really cute...just don't know much about it. Any help is appreciated! TIA! :thumbsup:

I got it for ds when I was on my stroller search, brought it home and absolutely HATED it! I took it back about 15minutes later after setting it up and pushing ds around. Of course keep in mind ds is 2 & at that time was very close to 40lbs. At 40lbs pushing this stroller around was horrible. It is also pretty small, ds is a big/tall kid & his feet were just sitting down on top of the wheels. If you have a much smaller child then I could see this for a short term situation, but not long term. It definitely has all of the nice features, just wasn't for us.

Mommy0608

That's the stroller we have, and we like it. DD used it until she was about 2 when she started walking everywhere instead, and now DS uses it. He's 35" tall and about 26-27lbs (measured height today, just guessing on weight). His feet hit the wheels now and it's starting to get a little harder to steer. However, it has served us very well and I certainly don't regret buying it. For a stroller of this size, it has a relatively large storage basket underneath, which I really like. He probably won't be using it much longer though because he's figured out how to stop the wheels with his feet. :rolleyes:

Oh, and he's used it a few times on day trips to the zoo, etc. He slept fine in it. :thumbsup:

Auntie2six

Hmm...I'm wondering if I should return it for something else then... I still want to hear others opinions of this stroller. Thanks so far though!! If I do decide to return it...does anyone have any ideas of another stroller I should try out in the $50 and under range?

noahsmom24

Hmm...I'm wondering if I should return it for something else then... I still want to hear others opinions of this stroller. Thanks so far though!! If I do decide to return it...does anyone have any ideas of another stroller I should try out in the $50 and under range?

Have you looked at your local craigslist, I've seen some MAJOR steals on mine! :) It's definitely not a BAD stroller, why don't you just wait until your DN comes over & try him in it. I knew I wouldn't get more than a few months out of it before the above happened "learning to stop us with the wheels" & ds was just so uncomfortable but like I said HE is a BIG kid.

TiaxMarie

We have it and I don't love it but don't hate it. For how much I paid, it's pretty decent.

We actually bought it when we went to FL to visit family. Used it at Seaworld and Busch Garden's. My daughter is 2.5 and 31lbs. One of the wheels is a little loose, but that's because I tried to use it to walk on our pot-holey dirt roads. :thumbsdown:

My stepdad fixed the wheel and we only use it when we're out now.

Auntie2six

Oh okay. I'll wait till I try DN in it. I really wish I could afford a Baby Jogger but that is definately out of the question. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC