Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Safeguard Go

Moderator - CPST Instructor mom2acrew's Avatar

Safeguard Go

Preferrably the Safeguard version not Safety 1st newer version.
    TIA Jodi
    Jodi CPST Mom to 5

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Safeguard Go

Ok might consider Safety 1st version
    Jodi CPST Mom to 5

I don't have one (sorry!), but I was just wondering what's more desirable about the Safeguard version than the Saftey 1st? We were thinking of getting one and I didn't realize the older version had anything preferable.
    Mom to:
    G - Sep 01, 48" 48 lb, TB & Rodi
    N - Mar 07, 38.5" 28 lb, TF & MA
    H - Sep 09, 28" 21 lb, rf in RN & CCO

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

You want the old old model or the new old model? LOL. And how much do you want to pay for it?
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 12, Bridget, 10, Maggie, 8, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

The SafeGuard hybrid version (second version) is very nice, perhaps even a collectors item lol. Unfortunately, ours is installed in DW's Prius for daily use.

What is the date range on the old vs new model? Mine is 7/07 I think, so would that be old or new?

I might consider selling let me think about options. I don't think it is the seat for a mustang and that is why I got it easy peasy for my sis.
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 11.5 years & E 9 years & A 4.5 years & J 2 years & L 1 month

I think there was a weight change? They are $180 new I'm not a huge Dorel fan which is really why I was looking for the Safeguard version. I'd be willing to pay $100 shipped for a seat 3 yrs old.
    Jodi CPST Mom to 5

CPS Technician

If you're still looking I have a Safeguard Go (not the Safety 1st version). I bought it right when they were changing over to Safety 1st because I thought I'd use it for travel. It has been sitting in my garage ever since and has never been used. I'm at work now, but would have to check the DOM because I have no idea what it is. If you're interested, let me know. I'd sell it for $100 plus exact shipping which I know is way less than what I paid for it, but I really don't care because it is doing me no good right now.
    Dana
    CPST and Mom to Emily (10/99) and Max (8/07)