Sometimes this "hobby" is frustrating

cpsaddict

So, our neighbors and family friends, have a grandaughter that is 3(4 on 5/24). She weighs 25lbs with clothes on, so just a tiny thing. She is also all leg. Currently, she rides in a Touriva and a Comfort Sport in dad and mom's cars and a Cosco Highback Booster in Grandmas truck. She is only in the second set of harness slots on all three seats. Good so far. Except, the other day dad shows up with her in a Cosco Ambassador nbb! :D WTH! She is nowhere near the minimums for that thing. I said something and she says, "she just uses this sometimes." Uhhh, "sometimes" is too many times. SIGH. I can only do so much. They got the CS and the Touriva when she was 10mths old. She was rearfacing until 22mths, when she finally hit 20lbs(I know, the Touriva has a FF min of 22lbs. They would not listen because the ped said 20lbs:mad: ). She was in a Smartfit that was almost expired. I installed it and she came out of a rollover wreck fine. You'd think that would hit home. Grandma got the highback because it was on sale and she still fits with PLENTY of growing room. So, they have decent seats that have all been purchased new and yet she is in a $14 booster that she does not even fit in?????? The whole family routinely lets her ride home with nothing because they are only going "a mile". ARGHHHHHHHHHH!
Then, yesterday, I see the one person in our little town that took the 8hr class. She was with her DIL and grandson that is 13mths old. He was FF in an AO! WTH! Did nothing sink in?

On a good note, my friend has a 3 mth old that has a Brooke Marathon waiting. Yesterday, my friend calls and asks me to come set up Lily's seat for dad's truck. I had told her about the Scenera, so I figured that was what it was. NOPE. Another MARATHON. She says, " I love the other one so much, I just got another color." Her whole family, except DH, is freaking because "all car seats are the same, just buy the cheap one." She says, "Nope, I want Britax, end of story!" YEAH! This just floors me. I would have never expected this from this woman. Britax seats are NOT common in our tiny town. She went to FOUR different Targets to get the Marathon she wanted. The closest city of about 30minutes away.

So anyway, my rant is over. I just get so darn frustrated with people. These are lives we are talking about!

..Rant Over..

ADS

JaRylan

To bad you can't take the nbb out of the car and whack them on the head with it...would that qualify as "it's been in a crash and must be destroyed"?

Smiles on the second story, good for her for sticking to what she wants....hopefully she continues to amaze you in good ways through the car seat years with her kids.

Amaris

To bad you can't take the nbb out of the car and whack them on the head with it...would that qualify as "it's been in a crash and must be destroyed"?

What a great idea!! There have been many times when I've wanted to whack someone with their idea of a safe seat for their child! There are kids in Michael's kindergarten class who come to school in the front seat with no carseat/booster seat of any kind:eek: Wonder what I could use to whack some sense into them?!?!

trailrunnermom

My son's preschool went on a field trip today. He rode with 3 other boys in another mom's car. My son (age 5.5, 50 lbs, 47") rode in his Compass booster for the trip (he rides in a Husky in our car). The other 3 boys, one of whom might not weigh 40 lbs yet, were in 2 backless boosters and 1 old Century or Cosco booster (using the shoulder belt with no belt guide, which is probably better since it's the wrong kind of belt guide anyway.) Sigh.

JaRylan

What a great idea!! There have been many times when I've wanted to whack someone with their idea of a safe seat for their child! There are kids in Michael's kindergarten class who come to school in the front seat with no carseat/booster seat of any kind:eek: Wonder what I could use to whack some sense into them?!?!

Up here in the snow I usually have a snowbrush/scraper tucked alongside my door, if need be it could be used as a 2 foot whacking stick. Should have used it this morning on a mom who was dropping her twins off, their little brother was bouncing around in the back seat, poking his head in between the front seats. The ONLY reason he wasn't riding unrestrained in the front passenger seat is because the mom had an adult passenger with her. :mad:

cpsaddict

I thought about taking the nbb out and "testing" the crash worthiness, i.e running it over. "I wanted to see what would happen if it is crashed". :D It's hard to believe when the Cosco hbb was only $35 on sale. That's not much more than the nbb and for this little one, MUCH safer. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC