Minivan Buying Confusion...

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If it's a fear of the unknown, and you really only need the base model.. Go to CarsDirect.com and put in a request through them. They'll have the dealer call you with exactly what you want. As I said, it's under 25k for the 2011 Sienna base. I bought one of my cars using CarsDirect and it was a great experience.. (I've since moved to Canada.)

-N.

ADS

I'd consider the base, but leave about $600-800 for something called Huper Optik.

It's a tint. Yes, that sounds like a fantastically high price for tint. Until you've been in a car with it. SoFla gets about the same kinda heat I experience out here in CA (cept with humidity). It's worth every single frickin penny. I'd give up the power doors for it.

Gsanmb

I'd consider the base, but leave about $600-800 for something called Huper Optik.

It's a tint. Yes, that sounds like a fantastically high price for tint. Until you've been in a car with it. SoFla gets about the same kinda heat I experience out here in CA (cept with humidity). It's worth every single frickin penny. I'd give up the power doors for it.

Wow, I've never heard of this, I will have to check it out. We definitely could use something that reduces heat/glare!

Going to drive the Quest today then we'll see...

Gsanmb

Drove the Quest, and, well, meh. Nothing special, and the accelerator pedal was vibrating under my foot which had on a thick-sold shoe so that's not good.
Didn't love the handling either, so that's out.

Went and drove a base model 2011 Sienna. Liked it, but the salesman was definitely not interested in dealing with me so I left. Anyway I have to hash it out with dh.

We're now looking for a late model Ody or Sienna at a bit of a higher trim model with as low mileage as possible for as low a price as possible. I'd rather have a few more extras and creature comforts since I'll be driving it til it's done, than a brand spanking new vehicle anyway. I guess we'll see! I made a list of the top 10 contenders, spreadsheet (mileage, price, make/trim, distance away, blue book value) so dh can see what's what at a glance.

Will report back if/when there's something to report!

Gsanmb

UPDATE: We bought a 2010 Honda Odyssey EX. YAY!!!!

I am thrilled, we pick it up later today. We got a great deal on it (overstock.com) and it was less than many of the used ones we were looking at. I didn't mind giving up leather seats or dvd/nav so it has everything else I wanted.

Cleaning up the Nauti and Monterey today. Sold our Venture to a family in our school who needs a van for grandma to pick up from daycare. I installed the Scenera for them rearfacing (baby is just over a year old but we talked about extended rearfacing) and explained how to use the LATCH and tether! Plus I convinced them to use the integrated child seat for the two and a half year old instead of a booster (being that they were not going to buy another harnessed seat) since she still fits great in there. So I feel good all around about that.

(Got the slate green with olive upholstery...nice!).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC