Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

How to install a Graco backward facing car seat in a 2002 Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hi there,

I've been having some trouble properly instaling a backward facing Graco car seat in a 2002 Grand Cherokee Laredo. My issue is with the anchors. Thanks in advance.

Jason

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: How to install a Graco backward facing car seat in a 2002 Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hi Jason,

What car seat? An infant seat? A convertible seat? Are you putting it in the middle or on a side? What problems with the anchors are you having?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Re: How to install a Graco backward facing car seat in a 2002 Grand Cherokee Laredo

Also, if you're attempting to an LATCH installation using lower LATCH anchors, does your 2002 Grand Cherokee actually have lower LATCH anchors (sets of 2 small metal bars located in the outboard rear vehicle seat crease)? I'm thinking it doesn't based on what is listed in the LATCH manual for the Grand Cherokee models. Lower LATCH anchors aren't listed for the Jeep Grand Cherokee models until the 2005 model year in the LATCH manual. That may be a flub in the LATCH manual as it seems awfully late for it not have been lower LATCH anchor equipped until 2005, with most new vehicles required to be factory equipped by the 2003 model year in the U.S. market. If your '02 is not lower LATCH anchor equipped, then a seatbelt installation would be the only method for installing a carseat.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar