Rfing seat for small backseat

alybeth

I'm new to this forum, but not really new to car seat safety. I do have a question, and wanted to get some input. I drive a CRV and have DS (2yrs, 28 lbs, 36") RFing in a MA, and DD (6mo, around 16 lbs, and I think 24ish inches?) in a Radian.
Well, my car broke down on my yesterday, and am not sure how long I will be driving my hubby's 2 dr 01 Civic. My MA does fit RFing, but DD isn't tall enough for it yet, and no one can ride in the passenger seat with Radian RFing. (I haven't tried, but I don't think that it will fit in the middle with the MA next to it...the backseat in TINY!)
Right now I have DS FFing in the MA, and borrowed my friend's extra scenera to be RFing for DD.
I'd like to get a seat that would fit RFing in the civic, but could also be a spare seat for us. (Kids are in my CRV 99% of the time, so it wouldn't get used much). I typically like the seats that you'll get the most use out of, but need something little to fit in the civic since that is our back up car. What would you suggest? I may go take a look at a few later today. Any suggestions? I'm not real familiar with the seats that would work well, as I typically look at bigger seats, and it's been about a year since I've really researched seats. I know the new Coccoro is made for small cars, but I'd rather not spend that much on a seat that won't last real long. I'm fine with spending more on a seat that will fit and last longer(and still fit in a small space - if possible), or buying a seat that won't last long, but isn't as $$$.
TIA

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Try the Radian in the middle. Put it in first, then the Marathon rear facing outboard. You may be surprised. The Radian generally fits well between the front two seats, and it and a big Britax puzzle REALLY well next to one another.

I'd do that first before you go look at seats.

If you do go shopping I'd look at the Graco My Ride, Learning Curve True Fit, Safety 1st Complete Air, and Evenflo Triumph Advance.

Wendy

alybeth

Thanks for your reply. That is how we have the seats in my CRV, and I haven't actually tried them in the civic. The only other time we had to use the civic since DD has been born we used our snugride (that we have since given away) outboard. I will try installing the Radian in the middle to see. I know it will fit RFing in the middle by itself, but I don't know that the MA will fit next to it. I wouldn't mind having a spare seat around though, plus we are planning to foster in the near future, so at some point will need another seat of some sort anyways.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC