Sucess!

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I showed my grandma quite alot of crash test footage last night and finally convinced her (my very stubborn german grandma) that my little brother NEEDS to be in a booster! yay!!! i will work on my mom later on today!:cool:

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
yea, i tried convincing my mom this afternoon. nno luck. she is convinced that all of the safety features (si airbags and blah blah blah) are enough for him...i tried to explain that it is the actual seat belt that is dangerous, but she doesnt listen. everytime she has a different excuse:(

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
There is a gm tv video out there somewhere. Show that to her AND your little brother. Buy him a booster that he will love and want to use. Kids can put an amazing amount of pressure on their parents. And if it costs her nothing(you buying the booster), what does she have to lose?

Susan

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i tried, no luck. she wont watch the videos, no matter how amny times i try to show her.:( he does WANT to sit in one, but she doesnt want to have to beckle him in

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
Would he like the "cool" camo print on the compas booster? And with the folding armrest, would he be able to buckle himself in?

LOL about the "stubborn German grandma" I had a "Oma" too. She wasn't as stubborn as my mom is though. ;-) Luckily I got the carseat message through to her very early on.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
o wow..i call her oma...(i used to get yelled at for calling her grandma, i think i only did it once). thats funny...

i dont know what to do to convince her...we really dont have any extra money right now, we just splurged on a second Ma for my DD, an di just got laid off. so sh eowuld have to purchase the seat...and i dont see that happeneing...

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
o wow..i call her oma...(i used to get yelled at for calling her grandma, i think i only did it once). thats funny...

Yup, Oma was my grandmother. And now my mom is "Omi" (pronounced Oh-mee) becuase my friend in Germany said nowadays none of the younger, "hip" grandmothers want to be called Oma. It's like "granny" here. So they call themselves "Omi." Not that my mom is all that young and hip ;)

i dont know what to do to convince her...we really dont have any extra money right now, we just splurged on a second Ma for my DD, an di just got laid off. so sh eowuld have to purchase the seat...and i dont see that happeneing...

I'm sorry to hear that. My budget wouldn't allow me to buy anyone else a car seat right now either. I guess the best you can do is to keep working on her - all of you. She'll have to give in sooner or later. I'm sure you mentioned that the seat belt is designed to protect the average adult male.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i did...i have told her everything i know...but theres no convincing her...i think i am going to make a youtube video...maybe that will work

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
I don't have any advice other than keep trying. Maybe she'll get sick of hearing about it if all of you hound her enough, and she'll just give in. At least, that's what I would do.

I'm currently hounding my mom to get rid of a drawer of empty ink cartridges from her color printer. Why she saves empty ink cartridges??? Don't ask...

beeman

I don't have any advice other than keep trying. Maybe she'll get sick of hearing about it if all of you hound her enough, and she'll just give in. At least, that's what I would do.

I'm currently hounding my mom to get rid of a drawer of empty ink cartridges from her color printer. Why she saves empty ink cartridges??? Don't ask...

To get them refilled or recycle them: tell her to take them to sarcan!

The money she saves or makes could go to rlsadc to buy a booster for her little brothter :) .

rlsadc, I hate it when parents don't listen. Good luck and keep trying.

scatterbunny

i tried, no luck. she wont watch the videos, no matter how amny times i try to show her.:( he does WANT to sit in one, but she doesnt want to have to beckle him in

Some boosters are really easy for kids to buckle themselves. I *think* an Cosco Ambassador (backless) is easy, the Evenflo Right Fit is very easy but I don't think it's made anymore? I saw one on Ebay recently.

Unless it's got huge armrests that get in the way or very deep sidewings (highback booster), if your brother can buckle himself in just a seatbelt, he should be able to figure out a booster. Maybe you can take him on practice runs and get him practiced at it?

I ordered two backless ProRider boosters on Ebay for less than $25, free shipping. The Cosco Ambassador is usually only about $15 ($20 at the most).

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
To get them refilled or recycle them: tell her to take them to sarcan!

The money she saves or makes could go to rlsadc to buy a booster for her little brothter :) .

rlsadc, I hate it when parents don't listen. Good luck and keep trying.

LOL! I think you've got the wrong mom. My mom saves ink cartridges. Rlsadc's mom won't buy the booster. :) I don't have carseat issues with my mom - thank goodness. But we both have German Grandmothers ;)

My mom saves the ink cartridges and somehow gets the leftover ink out of them and puts it in a bottle. She thinks it's horrendous how much ink is leftover when the printer says it's out. So she's saving it to measure how much she gets and then to write a letter complaining about it to Epson.

Yes, I know, my mother is nuts... What can I do? I want to go over there and throw them all out, but she'd know who did it and be mad at me.

What is Sarcan? Can they recycle Epson cartridges? Is it an on-line service or a store? Maybe if she could get something for them she'd get rid of them.

beeman

Sarcans a canadian recycling depot. You should be able to take them to the place of purchase for recycling, or some places will refill them or sell kits to refil them all (thats where the savings are). Then she can still use the left over ink. The other thing is when the printer says it's low, I keep using the cartridge until a colour actually runs out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC