Radian and 2000 Chevy Suburban

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMvAfrqI660"]YouTube- Radian in 2000 Suburban[/ame]

Sorry it's sideways. And it just shows no movement. Here are the pics of the install. First, installed next to a Keyfit 30 in the 3rd row. Then by itself.

May2010051.jpg

May2010060.jpg

May2010067.jpg

May2010062.jpg

May2010054.jpg

May2010055.jpg

ADS

scoutingbear

Does it work in the middle seat of the 3rd row? (Well, before you run out and try that, is there a lot of difference between 1999 and 2000 suburbans?) I can't get it FF in the middle 2nd row (lapbelt) at ALL but was wondering about the 3rd row (lapbelt only) (and Dad thinks I'm crazy and won't just bring his car over for me to play carseats with!)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I don't think I tried it cause I can't top tether it there....but I can't swear to it. LOL I might try it another night. But I'm too tired to mess with it tonight. LOL

scoutingbear

If you could let me know, that would be great. Another day is fine. :) We ride with my parents so much to places and now with the new baby, I need to use both lap belt locations for carseats if possible since the car will be completely full of people now!

skitle1802

I can get mine FF and RF in the 2nd row, center, lap belt only. Mine is a 2002. I think the seats did change between 99 and 00 but not a lot. Mainly the built in shoulder retractor.

scoutingbear

Absolutely can not get it FF in the 2nd row due to the rigid long belt stalk. It hits just too high on the belt path. I have never tried it RF (but might need to for Elephant!) or FF in the 3rd row.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OK, I can get it in my 2nd row outboard...passenger side is best, but it's the access seat. I can get driver side, but not without twisting the buckle. Mine are not rigid...just long.

As for the 3rd row center....nope. I just spent 20min trying. I didn't feel like working any longer at it...sorry!

zeo2ski

3rd row center works in my 1998. When you say "rigid" is it actually a true fixed rigid or is it a plastic/rubbery cover holding the two belts together? I had to cut mine off and then I was able to get 3 full twists--I totally forgot about that step!

I believe the 2000 was the start of the new seats, so if you have a '99 it's not going to be the same as the 2000 or 2002.

Pull the recline down
pull the base of the seat out from the bite a couple inches
push DOWN not back while buckling
I need to flip the female end 180 degrees to be sure it won't slip over time
repeat these steps about 50 times before finding success, then it'll only take about a minute to get it in perfect every time!

scoutingbear

Thanks! It is my parents suburban and uh, about the 2nd row center, not sure if it is truely rigid or not but I'll look the next time we go somewhere together. I'll look at that as well since either a RF radian or CCO will go there for baby when we all travel together. I just want to have a plan!

zeo2ski

In case someone is searching old threads and comes across this...

Please disregard my above posts about getting a Radian in the 98 suburban--I was getting a false tightness and have since found the Radian to be incompatible in the 3rd row both RF and FF, and in the 2nd row RF. I did not try FF in the 2nd row just because I don't have top tether anchors there, so it would not do me any good.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC