My CCO arrived! Cute pics and comparisons!

Mags462

It came! :lostit: I TOTALLY :wub: it. The color is to die for.... I bought Cool Mint. I have a house full of boys and just needed blue. :giggle: And since so many other Mama's on here wanted pics and comparisons i thought i would post some pictures....

Here is M trying out his new seat - He is 6months, 16lbs with an 11in torso:
DSC00815.jpg

Tons of shell above his head:
DSC00819.jpg

Up close of the harness heights. He is on the second slot (there are 4 total) and just barely there. The 1st slot could be used with minimal hassle as well.
DSC00818.jpg

I thought i would need a pool noodle - but it installed beautifully (using latch)! I haven't tried a seat belt install but i cannot imagine it causing any issues.
DSC00823.jpg

Trying out the ride for the first time installed. I think the birds on our fence were more entertaining, but he DIDN'T cry which cannot be said for his infant seat. He HATED that thing!
DSC00822.jpg

I also threw my 2yr 3mo, 27lb, 13in torso son in there as well just to see if he would fit. He definitely fits FF and would need the 3rd harness slots.
DSC00813.jpg

Here is a shot of the head room left RF:
DSC00810.jpg

I am not a tech, but to me it looks like he still fits. Not for long of course, but still he fits. Oh yes and he would need the 2nd harness slots for RF because he is just under that 3rd slot. I don't know if his torso is average or not so i cannot say that this seat would last 2yr RF... but it would certainly last most RF to 18month easy i would think.

I measured my BabyTrend bucket to see the width differences because the BabyTrend is one of the narrowest infant seats i know of.

BT at widest point: 16in
CCO at widest point: 14in

BT seat back length(eg shell height): 18in
CCO seat back length(eg shell height): 21.5in

BT Top harness slot: 9in
CCO 3rd harness slot: 13in (I only included the 3rd slot because i cannot fathom a child on the 4th slot being able to have enough shell height to RF)

It still isn't small enough for me to get 3 across my 3rd row Sienna... but really I am not surprised. I mean i am trying to fit it between a TF and a Nauti.... yeah nothing is going to fit in there! :roflmbo:

So there you go. Overall i would use this in a heartbeat over an infant carrier seat for a Spring, Summer, or Fall baby. For the winter though i think i would still want the portability of the carrier so i could cover them up and not have to worry about the horrid Oklahoma winds disturbing them.

ADS

Spam

I have cool mint too :love: it Cute kiddos (and seat) Jealous of the torsos too my A was even with the top slots when I tried him in it at 20 months.

scoutingbear

I have a cool mint too! It isn't in use yet but the boys keep telling me how "cute" it is every time they get in the car. They insist it smells like "spicy bubblegum" (which usually means a minty type flavor).

BabyKaykes

KQ is just jealous cause her 2yo will probably be the first kid ever to outgrow the Radian RF by height before weight :ROTFLMAO: j/k....kinda

their torsos sound about average, but don't take it from me, at 2yo my DS had an 11" torso, and now at almost 5yo he's still pushing 14" on a tall day

Joyofbirth

Just out of curiosity. How does the CCO compare with the TF without headrest? Like if your child was too tall for the TF without headrest, would they also be too tall for the CCO, or possibly still have room? If so, how muchI would love to see pics of the same kids in TF without headrest. Just if you have time and feel like. This is completely for curiosity's sake, so if you don't feel like it, I totally understand.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Their torsos seem short but not absurdly so, and if they're small overall even may be "normal" in proportion to their bodies, just smaller overall, KWIM?

I'm just really jealous because my now-2-year-old outgrew the CCO before one year by height. She was BORN with a 10 inch torso. She is above the 97th %tile for height, and about half her height is in her torso. She outgrew the SnugRide 22 at 7 weeks. She outgrew the big Britax seats rear-facing before 1 1/2 and forward-facing before 2. She is over the second to top slots on the Radian at a 35 degree angle. It's just not fair. I'm the kind of parent who will keep my kids rear-facing as long as they fit a seat I can manage to get them-- and she'll probably outgrow it before 3. :crying:

thepote

I'm just really jealous because my now-2-year-old outgrew the CCO before one year by height. She was BORN with a 10 inch torso. She is above the 97th %tile for height, and about half her height is in her torso. She outgrew the SnugRide 22 at 7 weeks. She outgrew the big Britax seats rear-facing before 1 1/2 and forward-facing before 2. She is over the second to top slots on the Radian at a 35 degree angle. It's just not fair. I'm the kind of parent who will keep my kids rear-facing as long as they fit a seat I can manage to get them-- and she'll probably outgrow it before 3. :crying:

:eek: wow. That's amazing!

Anyone have any input about how difficult it is to lift it and get it into the flash stroller frame? Can it be done with a kid still in it? Reinstalled with a kid in it?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC