Please tell me not to freak out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alake

Ok, so my boyfriend has been working on a huge surprise for me for the past two weeks. One including me taking possession of a brand new from the factory cadillac escelade tonight. He has also managed to get me a few other things that I really wanted. Early birthday gift. I have been complaining about the seats that I have in my car, for my two nieces. I said to him that I would get the car seats installed tonight so that we could take the girls for a ride. He goes on to tell me that he has ordered two new car seats for my new car. This is coming from the guy that I had to teach how to propperly buckle children into car seats. He didn't even consult with me on them. It sounds like they are Radians, but I am not 100%. I will be very happy with Radians, because that is what I said I would like, but I am not sure. This is just a little vent, thanks for the time.

ADS

Dillipop

Wow! What an awesome boyfriend.

Most of us would be happy if our dh's took the time to get us crappy seats as a gift, let alone new radians. I would be ecstatic to get radians for my birthday. (Although it does stink that he didn't think to ask before ordering, I guess- but if you don't end up liking them, you can always return them and get something else.)

keri1292

I wouldn't care if I had Comfort Sports in my $65,000 car. I'd buy the seats I really wanted myself.

4boysmom

That's a vent? ... I would be ecstatic.

no kidding. Even if the man got "crappy sceneras" just return them letting him know they won't work in the car. I mean I got a check out lane sized bag of jelly beans for mothers day and I expect to get something along the same lines, maybe a pint of dairy free dessert "ice cream" and a card for my 30th b-day coming up... being upset about the "wrong" car seats after the man bought you a $$$$$ car, daymn. The thing didn't have to "come" with seats, or at all... I can't even wrap my mind around a boyfriend giving me a car... once a boyfriend gave me this gaudy huge sterling silver necklace with locket, that is as close to bling as I am ever gonna get :p

Lily

Wow, congrats! What an awesome boyfriend you have. Are you worried because you may not like the seats he has ordered and don't want to have to tell him that because he is being so generous? If so that is understandable. Just wait to see what they are. You may love them! If you don't love them perhaps you could give them to your the parents of your nieces for use in another car or to use as their spares.

agurlsride

Vent? I've never had a brand new car....EVER! and an Escalade to boot..I'd be jumping out of my skin, if someone bought me a new car...forget the car seats (not literally) but wow...you're quite a lucky woman!

andre149

If my fiance got me two radians I would freak :D Sounds like you have a wonderful boyfriend... enjoy the new car and new seats!!

mish

Really? Your boyfriend just bought you a super expensive new car, and he knows you wanted new car seats so he bought some to surprise you and you are complaining? What does it take to impress you?

msg221

About a year after we had been dating, my boyfriend (now husband of almost 12 years) bought me a new car, but not an Escalade new car! Heck, at that time I was thrilled with my Nissan 240SX.

babygirlsmom1005

I change my answer:

Dump him, the eeediot obviously doesn't appricate you by buying you a vehicle and car seats.....

Last edited:

mamabear

for my birthday I got to take my kids to and from school, help with homework, make and clean up dinner , give baths and do bedtime;).
I'd freak out of my DH of 12 years even knew what a radian was, much less bought me one or 2.

Escalades are not my taste however, I'd be more nervous and freaking out if he showed up with one of those....I'd SOOO prefer a Volvo C30 and wouldn't want to hurt his feelings:whistle:

Mae

Why wouldn't he get you three Radians, for your three nieces?

I mean, if he's going to be buying you a custom made Escalade with brand new Radians, he might as well make them match and buy three Radians, right?

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Why wouldn't he get you three Radians, for your three nieces?

I mean, if he's going to be buying you a custom made Escalade with brand new Radians, he might as well make them match and buy three Radians, right?

It isn't custom made it is just from the factory like every.single.other.car made. today. For some reason some people like to say "brand new from the factory" instead of just "new" but if you think about it they are all from the factory.:rolleyes: And there are only a few options you can get on an Escalade so it isn't like he could just find the one he wanted on the lot...unless you live in some tropical island..which maybe they do and that is why they have to fly on private jets?!?!

Oh and on a REALLY, REALLY funny note...when I was 20 my boyfriend also bought me a new Escalade...no, really he did (and I could prove it with pictures)...but I was knocked up with his kid so that might be why.:p But for some reason I don't think it is a common occurrence and Escalades have gone up in price by about $20,000 from when he bought me mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC