Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member mommy2env's Avatar

I want a laptop.

I don't even know if this is the right subforum, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I want a laptop. Ideally, I would LOVE a Macbook. Problem is the price. I don't need it for anything other than c-s.org, facebook, and pictures. I want something that has a decent battery life, and is fast. I hate slooow computers. Price range $400-$600ish. I want it to have a decent size screen too.

I have no idea what to look for when it comes to computers. RAM and all that other crap. So, please help me.

DD1~14yrs old~Seatbelt

DD2~8 yrs old ~Cow Frontier 85 and Pink Monterey
    DS~3 yrs old Britax Roundabout and Coccoro in Licorice/Carrot Cake
    DD3~ 10 weeks in a Chicco Keyfit

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: I want a laptop.

I am no help, but I just wanted to say that I saw your topic and thought you wanted an expired Britax.
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!

I have a 17in dell and I love it, a little more than your price range but thats because DH added upgrades because we use it for online gaming as well. They have great options. I know everyone is going to have horror stories about companies but I have to say pretty much anything will work.
    Make sure you get enough storage space, and you can always use an external hard drive to store pictures, we have a networked one so all computers can use it in our house.

I'm had/used Dell, HP, Compaq, Toshiba, Mac, Sony, Acer, Gateway, eMachines, IBM, and home built PCs. All had things I liked/disliked.
    Verla Renae~SAHM to my 5 babies!
    T - 09/02/01 D - 09/15/02 S - 05/28/05 C - 08/26/07 R - 11/22/08

Senior Community Member mommy2env's Avatar

Anyone else? I know we have some tech savvy folks here.

DD1~14yrs old~Seatbelt

DD2~8 yrs old ~Cow Frontier 85 and Pink Monterey
    DS~3 yrs old Britax Roundabout and Coccoro in Licorice/Carrot Cake
    DD3~ 10 weeks in a Chicco Keyfit