Have to retract my Britax Esprit praise...

southpawboston

well we had decided on a britax esprit for $50 from albee baby. after reading all the reviews, it seemed to be a pretty good stroller for the price, and at first i liked it enough that i reviewed it here fairly positively. but i have to say, after having it for only three weeks and about six uses in total, we are now very disappointed...

1) the folding/unfolding mechanism is awkward and requires both hands... and if you're not careful, you can pinch your finger badly (i have a blood blister from it).

2) one wheel has already broken... the plastic spokes have separated from the hub (the center part of the wheel where the wheel attaches to the axle).

3) the foot board, which is a nice feature, always moves to the "up" position when you fold the stroller, and has to be manually lowered each time you open the stroller. this alwo requires both hands.

after waiting on hold for 15 minutes with britax CS, i got a return authorization for the broken wheel (they weren't willing to just send me a replacement for me to replace myself), and i will be receiving a pre-paid shipping label so i don't have to pay for return shipping... good thing i always save my boxes!!! they said they will most likely send me a whole new stroller since the rear wheel is not user-serviceable. i think once we receive a new one (IF they send a new one), i will sell it on craigslist or ebay and try to recoup our $50.

then we're going to pony up an additional $75 and just get a maclaren single to go along with our maclaren double (which we LOVE LOVE LOVE). it is true that maclarens are simply dreams to push (and to fold/unfold!). our maclaren double strolls easier than the britax single, even with more weight in it!!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Darn, I was hoping that Esprit would work... but you'll be so happy with another mac, they are always worth the money (The Britax Verve is fantastic, I think they've really improved their stroller line this year)

:)

LuvBug

ugh! Those are the ones I heard people warn about over on strollerswap, I was hoping you wouldnt have them.
I do love our mac!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC