Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Oobr seat belt guide question.

For those of you who own Oobrs have you noticed that the seat belt guides are destroying your seat belts? This came up on the Clek Facebook page. I have noticed that it is difficult to thread the belt through the guide and that it does seem to snag a bit. The plastic doesn't really line up on the guides (I'll try to get a picture up in a bit). Our Oobr is only used a few times a month so I haven't had issues with the seat belt fraying, but someone else has. Has anyone else noticed this? I contacted a rep at Clek and was told that they are redesigning the belt guides on the new Oobr.
    Amy,

SAHM to one, CPST, RN with BSN.

Looking for fun things to do with kids?? http://www.crazyaboutcarseats.blogspot.com/

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Re: Oobr seat belt guide question.

I don';t have fraying, but it can be difficult to thread the belt into the guide because it gets caught in the seam of the plastic.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

Thanks! Anyone else?
    Amy,

SAHM to one, CPST, RN with BSN.

Looking for fun things to do with kids?? http://www.crazyaboutcarseats.blogspot.com/

Well, shoot. I'll have to check tomorrow. DD buckles herself in, way back in the 3rd row, so I haven't noticed anything. Ours is in daily use and has been ever since we got one of the first ones off the production line. I am NOT going to be a happy camper if my seatbelt is messed up.
    Abbysnail ~ 11 ~ Maui FR85 (booster mode) and Leopard Olli
    Chica ~ 9.5 ~ Pink Monterey and Julius Olli
    Loveybug ~ 3.5 ~ rfing in a Cranberry TFP and ffing in a FR85