Talk to Me About Coccoros

Jonah Baby

I get it, they're cute.

I'm thinking it might be a solution to the lack of space in my car.

Is it easy to get at least a 42* recline in a vehicle like mine with it? For comparison, J's Radian can get a 30* recline! I have trouble getting the SR32 to get a 42* with a fat noodle!

How much torso room does it have?
Baby has a long torso - he can use the Britax Wizard fairly safely - technically he should be an half an inch taller, but we had an emergency seat situation and there wasn't a choice really.

How big is the shell? Much smaller than a SR32 shell at a 45* recline?

What does this seat puzzle well with?

How long do they last kids on average?
40 pound FF, right?

6 year life? If I used it for, say, a year, would it be easy to resell?

Cost new? Average used Swap cost?

Anything else?
Thanks!

ADS

scoutingbear

The nice thing about the Coccoro is that the newborn recline comes from using the infant padding (for infants below 20lbs). The actual seat is installed more upright. Yeah, sounds strange, but so true!

I haven't actually used mine yet but it is installed in the car and NOT going anywhere (mainly because it took 2 of us to put it in and I'm lazy and dh is hopeless). I have a FF radian and turbo next to it and the turbo kid can buckle himself. And the kids can cross behind it to exit on the opposite side of the car. My backseat isn't huge, but that was a nice feature!

The cost new is anywhere from $199 and below. That is the highest I've seen it for.

I don't know that it would actually last until 40lbs FF because the shell is short.

Hopefully someone else will be along to answer the rest of your questions. But, yes, it is cute! My older boys can't wait to put a baby in it!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The install is in many ways similar to an infant seat without a base. Though you have like 3 different options for locking the belt. In some cars they all work, in some only one seems to. In some cars you can pretty much choose any angle you want; in others the location of the buckle stalks kind of forces one particular angle. But the newborn insert really does mean that a newborn, until they outgrow the insert (at what, is it 20 lbs.? I don't remember the rule...) can sit in the seat installed at a more upright physical angle, but have a really good newborn recline.

monstah

The install is in many ways similar to an infant seat without a base. Though you have like 3 different options for locking the belt. In some cars they all work, in some only one seems to. In some cars you can pretty much choose any angle you want; in others the location of the buckle stalks kind of forces one particular angle. But the newborn insert really does mean that a newborn, until they outgrow the insert (at what, is it 20 lbs.? I don't remember the rule...) can sit in the seat installed at a more upright physical angle, but have a really good newborn recline.

:yeahthat:

In one seat in my car the only installation method that works is LATCH. In a different position, I can use any method. And because it's so rounded, the angle is easily adjusted in my car.

My 2.5 year old 30# DD with an average torso is *just a hair* under the top FF slot. I think she would last another month or two before outgrowing it. She outgrew it RF probably within a month of turning 2.

The shell is taller than a Roundabout, not sure how it compares to a SR32. In my experience, the CCO puzzles well with everything. :p

And this model's resale price will probably drop when the new model is released. Right now I think they would go for $115-$120 shipped? That's my best guess anyway.

Mags462

I get it, they're cute.

I'm thinking it might be a solution to the lack of space in my car.

Is it easy to get at least a 42* recline in a vehicle like mine with it? For comparison, J's Radian can get a 30* recline! I have trouble getting the SR32 to get a 42* with a fat noodle!

How much torso room does it have?
Baby has a long torso - he can use the Britax Wizard fairly safely - technically he should be an half an inch taller, but we had an emergency seat situation and there wasn't a choice really.

How big is the shell? Much smaller than a SR32 shell at a 45* recline?

What does this seat puzzle well with?

How long do they last kids on average?
40 pound FF, right?

6 year life? If I used it for, say, a year, would it be easy to resell?

Cost new? Average used Swap cost?

Anything else?
Thanks!

I just got mine in the mail this afternoon :love: OMG it really is as cute as i was thinking! But i also think it's a really neat seat with some cool features.

The angle of install was super easy for me - I was RF a TF in my Sienna captains chair and the TF was at 35 without anything under it.... maybe a smidge even more upright. I threw the CCO in there without anything just to see and it went in perfectly. I'm just guessing that if you can get a Radian at 30 then you'd need a noodle for sure - but it would be easy to install i would think. You just make sure the line on the car seat is parallel to the ground - the infant insert is used to give proper recline to a small infant (it's sort of triangular shaped so it slopes the baby) and when you take it out it allows the baby to be more upright.

I don't have a SR32 but i did compare it to my BabyTrend bucket and there is at least 2 inches more in the CCO than the bucket. My 2yr old (13in torso) can fit in the CCO with about 1.5 in above his head on the 3rd harness slots.... he cannot fit in my friends SN32 (he likes playing in it so i tried it out last week!).... so going by that alone i would say the shell on the CCO is slightly longer/taller than the SR32.

The sides are flush and straight so it might not puzzle as well as some others....

Like i said above my 2yr 3mo old could still use it.... so i would say at least 18mo if not a little longer (i have no idea if i have short or long torsoed LO's compared to others)

I think it has a 7yr lifespan.... not 6 but let a tech answer that for sure.

I bought it new for $115 shipped and right now the going rate is like $150ish i think.

There is a CCO for sale right now on the swap for $105 and i think that's a steal!

Its just like anything else - you may or may not get your money back but will it be useful for you?

I think it ROCKS compared to an infant carrier and wish i had just bought one sooner. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC