Frontier 85 vs Radian

sixmaybemore

How much taller is the top height on the 85 vs the Radian?

What's the width difference on the two?

If I can't get an easy install with the Radian, what is the likelihood of the Frontier 85 working? I remember the first Frontier was a beast to get installed in my '04 Chevy Suburban.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Frontier 85 has 20" top slots, the Radian is 17.5".

The Frontier and Radian can both be very bothersome. Though if you have belts long enough for the LBP I don't think the Frontier should be too much of an issue. It's fairly wide, though. I think 19" or 20", and it's wide basically from head to legs.

Wendy

sixmaybemore

I know I can get a Regent into my truck using LBP. At least, I'm pretty sure I have at one time.... Too many cars, too many seats. LOL!

Would you say it's about the same width wise as the Safeguard full size seat?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have a Radian XT and a Frontier 85. I have a 2000 Suburban. I can get them both in the burb, though they both do require a bit of effort. The Frontier 85's are our f/t seats. The XT normally goes in my dh's car, but is currently in the 3rd row (outboard) in my 'burb.

The Frontier offers a LOT more growing room over the XT, thus why I bought them. My almost 3yr old only has one more slot on his XT, while having oodles of growing room in the Frontier.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Also, the Frontier 85 in my 3rd row HAS to go in LBP (I don't have LATCH). In the 2nd row, driver side outboard it goes in LBP, but passenger side outboard (flip seat) it goes in SBP. All are rock solid installs (and checked by a CPST).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC