Help me decide SR 22,35, or Keyfit?

kmgt

How's that for completely different options? LOL. I just really can't decide what to do.

Here's the rundown. I had a SN22 with my first two kids. It expired, so time for a new one.

A) I like the Chicco Keyfit 30, but I have a Quattro Tour and a Duoglider. I read a brief statement on here that the keyfit "will" fit in those because they just snap to the tray. Is that true? I was under the impression I had to stay with Graco because of the strollers we already have. This is out last baby so we really don't want to buy a new stroller.

B) If I have to stay with Graco, I'd like to just stick with the cheapest and lightest (the 22) since it's what I had, what I liked, and what I'm used to. BUT the whole rear adjust thing is messing me up. I can't find ANY gender neutral front adjust 22's that I like. I like the Sterling (it's blue but I"m ok with that for a boy or girl) but it seems to be out of stock. If I had to pick a 22 it'd be the Pipin (green with Elephants) but I HATE character/animal prints on any baby stuff. The Pipin is just the lesser of two evils when it comes to patterns for me.

C) I "could" spend more and get a 35, but I really didn't want to 1)spend more or 2) have a seat that weighs more. SO, if I have to get a 35, I might as well get the Keyfit, ya know? They are about the same weight.

**My heart tells me to get whatever seat I like the best because I'll regret it otherwise. My head tells me this is the last baby and I should just save the money and get whatever's cheapest. I have to buy 2 Nauti's at the same time because my big kids' seats are expiring soon. AND I don't keep my babies in the infant seat much past sitting up stage. I don't like to carry around the heavy seat and they don't like to lay back all the time like that.

What would you do in my situation?

ADS

coleslawcat

I have a Keyfit and I was able to use it with the Graco Duoglider. I could not get it to fit in the Graco Quattro Tour. It did not snap in though. I had to remove the rear tray from the stroller and lay the seat flat. The Keyfit rested snuggly in the back, but did not actually attach. I felt comfortable using it that way, I don't know if you would. The shape of the Quattro Tour was different and I was unable to get the Keyfit to fit.

lovinwaves

In your situation I would get a SR22 front adjust and start looking for extra covers (used or new) for it that you like.

You could always have a convertible car seat in your vehicle, and take the baby out of it and put in your expired SR in your two strollers.

We have a car seat swap area here on this forum where you might be able to find some covers you like at a good price. To become a member now, it's just a simple $3.99 that goes to a good cause, which is to help keep this wonderfully helpful forum running.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=20767

Subscription Levels

1) The first level of subscription is the Car-Seat.Org Supporter. The cost is $3.99 for 2 months or $8.99 for 6 months. Members who subscribe at the Supporter level will gain full access to the Carseat Swap forum as well as a number of other enhancements. Community Members (10 posts, 10 reputation, 30 days registered) and Senior Community Members (100 posts, 50 reputation, 180 days registered) who subscribe at this level will also gain some additional features, such as increased private mailbox size (500), attachment size, profile customizations, photo album size and storage space. Supporters may also select a new title (Car-Seat.Org Supporter). Even for those techs and senior members who don't gain many new features, subscriptions at this level are still a big help for offsetting rising costs of operating the forums! Plus, supporters will never see Google ad placements or top banner ads. Supporter subscriptions are personal gifts, no goods or services are provided in return and are not tax deductible. They are non-refundable and no credit will be given for forum downtime or other issues, sorry!

-Melissa-

NannyMom

Albee Baby has a safe seat 1 (predecessor to SR35) for $90. I think most front adjust SR22s are usually more than that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC