Radian questions

jewlsvern

I just installed our new Radian XT and I wanted to check on a few things.
First, can it touch the seat in front of it?
Second, for a RF install the adjustable base must be in right? I have read the manual on that section over and over and I think I finally get it.

Also to get it more upright it is this the seat you pull away from the seat bite when tightening?

What about the headwings? DD is 3 but only on the 2nd slot from the bottom.

Is it okay to twist the buckle stalk. I'm assuming that is the part of the buckle that you click the belt into. I twisted it one full turn so it would pull the stalk out of the RF belt path.

I hope I have this correct because it is the perfect seat for what we need in our car. Anyone install one in a Mazda CX-9 and have any tips.? I have it in the middle seat in the second row.

Another question: Both my kids are RF does it matter who is where? I have had the baby in the middle but now moved his SS1 to the outboard drivers side. I will eventually be putting him in the same spot but giving him DD's EFTA.

Another questu

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I just installed our new Radian XT and I wanted to check on a few things.
First, can it touch the seat in front of it?

It's ok with the seat. Is it ok with you car? Check your car's manual.

Second, for a RF install the adjustable base must be in right? I have read the manual on that section over and over and I think I finally get it.

It's not adjustable, it's removable. The boot must be on.

Also to get it more upright it is this the seat you pull away from the seat bite when tightening?

Correct. I'd also add weight to the foot area rather than the bum area.

What about the headwings? DD is 3 but only on the 2nd slot from the bottom.

Until she reaches the third slot you leave the wings all the way up.

Is it okay to twist the buckle stalk. I'm assuming that is the part of the buckle that you click the belt into. I twisted it one full turn so it would pull the stalk out of the RF belt path.

Yes, you can do three full twists of the female end.

Another question: Both my kids are RF does it matter who is where? I have had the baby in the middle but now moved his SS1 to the outboard drivers side. I will eventually be putting him in the same spot but giving him DD's EFTA.

I'd put the baby in the middle ideally, and then your daughter outboard. If that doesn't work, doesn't fit, she pushes her fingers up his nose, whatever, then put one on either side. Rear facing is so safe I wouldn't stress an outboard install at all.

Wendy

jewlsvern

It's not adjustable, it's removable. The boot must be on.

I have the boot on but there is a part of the bottom of the seat that moves in and out before you put the boot on. Originally when I read the manual I thought it needed to be out but now I think it should be in. It made the seat not so reclined.
I just want to make sure I'm understanding the manual

jewlsvern

Do the headwings lock into place? I keep pulling them up only to have them slide down again. Do they come above the top of the shell of the seat?

Pixels

The headwings usually stay where you put them, they don't fall down on their own. There's some variance from one individual seat to another, and some seats are almost impossible to adjust. But if the headwings fall down on their own, I would contact the manufacturer or return the seat as defective.

The headwings don't adjust above the top of the shell. In the highest position, the top of the wings is about even with the top of the shell, and the bottom is just above the top slots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC