Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

New tether strap

I ordered a new tether strap for my spare car seat. It is a cosco high back booster car seat. It didn't come with any instructions Does anyone have a seat like this (basically any cosco seat since they sent me the same tether for an apex also)? I would really appreciate any pictures of how the tether strap is supposed to look on the back of the car seat. We tried to put it on, but I just can't figure it out. The pictures in the manual are very confusing! There are 2 holes and it looks like the strap goes through both of them and then up under the cover at the top of the seat. TIA
    Julia
    Julia CPST and Mom to 6 crazy kids:
    Megan (13), Kayla (11), Jamie (9), Ian (7), Emi (6), and Clare (2)- all riding safely in a 2011 Honda Odyssey
    And Our Angel Baby Aiden 8/26-27/15

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: New tether strap

Anyone?

I tried looking at the store. This is what the hbb looked like:
    [IMG]-1-1.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
    The clip is in the pink circle, and the tether comes out the top, I just want to make sure I am not suposed to use the other hole (green circle)

I couldn't find the apex in the store. I looked at lots of car seats, this is how most of them looked:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The clip is in the red circle, tether coming out by the blue circle.

Anyone know if these are right? I don't want to use them until they are in the right position.
    Thanks
    Julia CPST and Mom to 6 crazy kids:
    Megan (13), Kayla (11), Jamie (9), Ian (7), Emi (6), and Clare (2)- all riding safely in a 2011 Honda Odyssey
    And Our Angel Baby Aiden 8/26-27/15

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Sorry we haven't gotten to you sooner, Julia! You ask a tough question . I'm going to move your question to our technical area since this is a more technical question.

I'll attach a diagram that I have and we'll see if that even comes close to what you need. I doubt it since Dorel has changed their tether adjusters.

Unless someone messed with the tether in the store, it's probably set up correctly. This seat has been around for years and years and that hole is probably a hold over from when the tether was looped around through it. Hopefully someone who's seen this seat recently or who uses one as an institutional seat will know how it's supposed to be set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that you have it set up correctly. Probably wouldn't hurt to give them a call tomorrow though - I believe they have instructions available for attaching the tether and they can likely just email them to you.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.