Car seat/stroller situation

tl01

I'm sure this is the wrong place to post this... but it involves lots of facets..so here we go.

DH and I decided we like the Chicco Cortina together stroller. Of course it can only be used with the Keyfit seats. We already have a SR and a SS1. DH actually like the stroller enough (more than the joovy ergo) to sort of want to buy a new infant seat to use with the stroller. I need the SR for my Stokke Xplory stroller. That leaves possibly selling my old SS1. Are we crazy to do this? The stroller has a 40 lb limit for the seats too... DS is about 42 lbs but he does fluctuate... it really depends upon the day. I weighed him recently at night and he was 38 so who knows how much he truly weighs. Would you totally stick to the weight limit of a stroller? The stroller pushed beautifully with infant seat, baby, and DS in it. All the other strollers seemed so much heavier and their seats seemed to small for DS.

I believe the Keyfit 22 is only available in the travel system.. right? So that leaves getting a 30. It looks like I can get one for about $150 which doesn't seem too bad. Then I could sell my SS1 for a small amount to offset part of the cost.

Lastly, what are the colors on the Keyfit Romantic? Is the black on grey or black on lavender?

ADS

Kat_Momof3

can you see the stroller in person?

I found that while it isn't official, all the chicco single strollers and graco single and double strollers will take each other's seats as they both rely on the tray at least partially. Now if you want it so solid you can lift the stroller when you lift the seat, you'd want to add a bungee cord through the baseless belt guides secured to the frame of the stroller... but if it fits unofficially, then I'd use it that way.

if it doesn't fit... go stroller shopping for something else.

lovinwaves

Are you talking about the Cortina Double? I'm so confused :eek: I didn't think that stroller was out yet?

When you pushed it with DS, Baby, and infant seat in it, which seat did you use? Did you just borrow a keyfit from the store to try it out?

I would actually recommend against a tandem stroller for an older child like that, and look more at a double side by side.

I don't think you are crazy to sell the SS1 to buy a keyfit, if you have the funds, and DH is on board. Although, for me, I would rather take the baby out of the car seat and lay flat in the stroller. :shrug-shoulders:

Last edited:

lil.miss32

My favorite stroller (tandem) is the Kolcraft Contours. It pushes like a breeze! Easier than a single stroller! The seats face 7 ways, and it has an adapter for the infant seats. LOVE this stroller! I got mine for about 200, and you wouldn't have to buy a new infant seat. I'm sure you could go cheaper with coupons somewhere.

tl01

can you see the stroller in person?

I found that while it isn't official, all the chicco single strollers and graco single and double strollers will take each other's seats as they both rely on the tray at least partially. Now if you want it so solid you can lift the stroller when you lift the seat, you'd want to add a bungee cord through the baseless belt guides secured to the frame of the stroller... but if it fits unofficially, then I'd use it that way.

if it doesn't fit... go stroller shopping for something else.

We did see the stroller in person. It only takes the Keyfit. There's no real way to use it with a SR:(. I don't think an unofficial fit works in this case.

tl01

Are you talking about the Cortina Double? I'm so confused :eek: I didn't think that stroller was out yet?

When you pushed it with DS, Baby, and infant seat in it, which seat did you use? Did you just borrow a keyfit from the store to try it out?

I would actually recommend against a tandem stroller for an older child like that, and look more at a double side by side.

I don't think you are crazy to sell the SS1 to buy a keyfit, if you have the funds, and DH is on board. Although, for me, I would rather take the baby out of the car seat and lay flat in the stroller. :shrug-shoulders:

I'm talking about the Cortina Together stroller. It is a double stroller. It came out in April and we saw it at a store yesterday.

We already have side by side jogging stroller but at the mall etc if just isn't practical. There are so many stores that I already have a problem squeezing my single stroller.

I wish I could lay DS2 down flat in the stroller but he has worse reflux than DS1 ever did and he's never flat except for diaper changes. He really needs to be in a seat for now. I have to sell the bassinet we bought for him b/c we had to buy something else to keep him elevated for sleep.

tl01

What about an ergo caboose?

http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_ergo.php

http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com/2009/06/joovy-ergo-caboose-review.html

Or you could hold out for the new britax (that I think people will kick the bottom seat).

We were debating btwn the Cortina Together and the Ergo Caboose and we tested them both yesterday. The seat on the Ergo Caboose seems so small for DS1 right now. He said it was really uncomfy. Also, it was so much harder to push with everything in it. I went to the store planning to choose that stroller but after testing and the seeing the Cortina I was sold on it.

I agree, I think the Britax is going to be an issue with people kicking the bottom seat. I'm sure it would drive DH nuts. DH really liked the Cortina. He's been on such a budgeting kick lately that I was shocked he was fine with the purchase of the stroller and possibly a new seat.

Sceason1972

Not sure I'd buy a different infant seat just for a stroller. Did you look at the Sit n Stand stroller? We loved our sit-n-stand and they have improved them a lot since we bought ours too. Or what about the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Joovy-Caboose-Tandem-Stroller-Purpleness/dp/B001I463FI"]Joovy caboose[/ame] (not the ergo.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC