Question convertible seats? triplets

ksdvm

We have 6mo triplets bbb (18lbs/15/lbs/15.2lbs) & recently purchased a new conversion van. I currently have peg perego primo infant seats for my boys. I have begun investigating convertible seats now & would love recommendations for our future purchase of convertibles. I don't believe space is an issue with our van. It seats 9/10 (2 rows buckets & final row bench) & currently I have one of the pp seats in bucket behind driver & the other two pp seats in following two buckets seats behind. I am most interested in safety & comfort. The more i read the more i lean towards the britax advocate or boulv.
please help

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Welcome.

The Advocate and Boulevard are very comfortable seats, and easy to install. They're not often recommended, though, because you can get seats that last much longer and take up much less room (or more room, but last longer) for a lot less money. If you love them, great, but otherwise, I'd look at the Sunshine Kids Radians, Learning Curve True Fits, Graco My Ride, Safety 1st Complete Air, or Evenflo Triumph Advance before the Britaxes.

Wendy

Jennifer mom to my 7

What brand conversion van? ANd I am pretty sure it only seats 9, not 9 or 10 unless your rear bench is a 4 seater. Check out the pic in my siggie, that is a GMC and I get a great install with the radian rf in the captain's chair, but don't think I could get anther one in front of it. I wouldn't get a britax now, unless you can hold out for the new 40 pound rear facing ones.

ksdvm

Thanks for the response.
It's a chevy conversion van. I believe from the same company as yours in pic-explorer vans. So, let me see if i understand your response. I can put a radian in the behind the driver & then what do u recommend behind the 2nd row? Is britax coming out with a 40lb rf model?

Jennifer mom to my 7

Yes, britax is supposed to have a 40 pound seat. You could actually do 2 radians, on each of the second captain's chairs, but I don't think I could get one behind the driver if there is one behind that seat, it is confusing, I know. What I mean is, with where the radian is now, I can't put one in front because that seat is all the way forward, or close to it, and the one the radian is in, is all the way back I think. You could probably do myrides or complete airs, though.

IMG_0345_1.jpg

Here is the boulevard, and how much space it takes up front to back.

IMG_0347_3.jpg

And the radian.

Now, let me see them together:) I need to recline the seatback of the captain's chair to a certain point in order to keep the radian on the seat where it will compress to get the upright install.

ETA: Hmm, maybe I could get a radian there. I might be able to try it for you later or tomorrow, so that you know if it will fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC