Advice for turning older child back RF

jessi f

If babiesrus will ever ship DS' CA to us I'm planning on turning him back RF. He's within the limit's of the seat so I feel like it's worth a try. I'm pretty sure he'll be excited. He's asked me a few times to turn his seat around like his sisters. I felt really bad telling my sweet little guy that I couldnt. I thought DH was going to shoot the idea down but he was actually pretty easy to convince. Or maybe he just didnt feel like listening to my little speech about statistics ect. :rolleyes: Anyways I was just looking for any tips that might help the switch go smoothly. TIA!

ADS

christineka

My dd ffed from 2-3 years. I turned her rfing at 3 years, 3 months. She was really excited and loved being able to see out the window. I don't have any advice. All I did was buy a new, pink seat (scenera), fixed it up in the house, then installed it in the van for dd.

jessi f

He's super excited about his new orange seat so I'm hoping that will be enough. I'm a little worried about carsickness bc he used to be a little prone to that. But I guess if it happens it happens. I have the static cling sunshades for on DDs window bc the sun drove her nuts but he likes his window down and my ac is pretty wimpy so I'm hoping he'll do ok with just sunglasses. And maybe his seat being able to go to 30 degrees will help keep the sun off of him. Does anyone have a pic of what a CA at 30 degrees looks like for reference? I'm kind of sad they wont be able to see each other any more bc they love to play and talk to each other while were driving.

I havnt actually told him about his new seat being RF bc I'm a little worried about it not fitting behind the drivers seat. I didnt want him to be all excited about it and get let down if it doesnt work out.

skitle1802

I re-rf my 27 month old along with my 13 month old (she ff for a month) together, they both loved it, not a single cry. Their first time re-rf in the seats was a 6 hour drive. They could also see their 3 older siblings in the 3 row, so that may have helped. But...never underestimate the power of a new seat!!!

jessi f

Kids are so much smarter than we give them credit for! This morning DS told me the mailman was going to bring him a new orange carseat so he could ride backwards like Masyn... :p So it had better fit.

I was pretty confident about my scales accuracy before but I noticed on another thread someone suggested testing it with a 5 lb bag of sugar. I dont have any sugar but DH has 35 and 45 lb dumbbells so I used those and it was right on. Is that an ok way to check?

twinsmom

First let me just say that your siggy picture is absolutely precious!:love:

Now on to your question.:D It sounds like you won't have any problems because he is already excited about it. I turned my kids when they were 3.5 and they never complained. I just played up how cool and exciting the new seats were. It sounds like he is very excited about his new seat and RF, so I can't imagine it will be an issue!:thumbsup:

nursingnellie

I just wanted to thank you for this thread since I'm considering doing the same with my 3 year old ds. I also wanted to know, when you've gotten it, how your ds likes the CA - I'm looking for new seats for my kiddos and just started considering the CA. Would love to know how another 3 yo feels about it! :)

swtgi1982

I just wanted to thank you for this thread since I'm considering doing the same with my 3 year old ds. I also wanted to know, when you've gotten it, how your ds likes the CA - I'm looking for new seats for my kiddos and just started considering the CA. Would love to know how another 3 yo feels about it! :)

my almost 3yr old and my four yr olds both have them and love them.

here they are below, sorry they are not in car but still

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

jessi f

First let me just say that your siggy picture is absolutely precious!:love:

Now on to your question.:D It sounds like you won't have any problems because he is already excited about it. I turned my kids when they were 3.5 and they never complained. I just played up how cool and exciting the new seats were. It sounds like he is very excited about his new seat and RF, so I can't imagine it will be an issue!:thumbsup:

Thanks, I love that pic too. It makes me smile everytime I scroll by it :)

And I think your right. He was so excited to get his new seat in the car!

He seems to really like it so far. We havnt actually drivin anywhere yet but it installed easily and he looks pretty comfy in it :thumbsup: I'll post a thread with some pics and more thoughts after weve played some more.

my almost 3yr old and my four yr olds both have them and love them.

here they are below, sorry they are not in car but still

I love how excited they look :love: They are such cuties!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC