25 months rear facing, may be time to turn.

Oliver

This is my son, I think it is time to move him forward, he is less than 1.5 inches from the top of the seat.

Stats: 27 lbs (yes skinny little boy)
34 inches
25 months old

He has been rear facing the whole time, and I have avoided the topic of turning him around until now.

Please let me know your thoughts, but I am thinking we may need to turn him due to height.

Please see photo.

Oliver

ADS

NannyMom

It's hard to tell. Can you get a picture more from the side? And installed in the car would be good too.

Laurette

You'll need to post a side view picture so we can tell for sure. He looks so much older than 25 months to me.

mommyof3tx

Wow! We had that same Marathon when my son was about 34in too and he had miles above his head, he looks much taller than my son even now at 35in, he must have a really long torso

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I agree. When my ds was 34 inches he had miles above his head as well! 34 inches is very short, even a 34 incher with a very long torso.

babygirlsmom1005

Can you get a pic of it installed and from the side? That would give a more accurate measurement of how much room is left over his head - I know in MY vehicle, my kids gain room once the seats are installed....

zactayaus

I just wanted to say I do believe he could be 34". Here's a pic of my 31" 12 month old in the MA. I could definetely see him being that close to the top in with another 3 or 4 inches of growth.

Gavin12months004-1.jpg

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I just wanted to say I do believe he could be 34". Here's a pic of my 31" 12 month old in the MA. I could definetely see him being that close to the top in with another 3 or 4 inches of growth.

Yup. He's got a super long torso! I have serious doubts that he'll even make it to two RF'ing in the MA.

He has a long torso, but 3-4" of torso growth can take years.

simplychels

My 3.5yo 36inch DD fits her seat exactly the way zactayaus's son does. Head right at the britax logo, 2nd harness slots. Kids are just built so differently from one another hey!

But yes OP different pictures are needed like everybody else already said

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
He has a long torso, but 3-4" of torso growth can take years.
Exactly. DD recently grew 1.5" height. Of that, .5" was torso height. That was over a 6 month period. Not that growth rate is continuous, but if it was, it would taker her 3 years to grow 3" in torso height. And it could take that, less or longer.

DahliaRW

My ds outgrew the MA rfing by 35ish inches. Definitely possible with those long torsoes!

If the OP wants to keep him rfing longer if the MA is truly outgrown, there is the radian or complete air. At barely 2 I would probably try to keep him rfing for atleast another year (ideally 2). And last longer ffing most likely.

Mommy0608

My ds outgrew the MA rfing by 35ish inches. Definitely possible with those long torsoes!

If the OP wants to keep him rfing longer if the MA is truly outgrown, there is the radian or complete air. At barely 2 I would probably try to keep him rfing for atleast another year (ideally 2). And last longer ffing most likely.

Or the True Fit! ;) It has a very tall shell, same height as the Complete Air (but without the annoying 40" stated height limit). The True Fit has a 35lb RF limit but her child is only 27lbs now.

I agree though that we need to see a side view to know for sure, and installing the seat will also help.

nmb

My DD was 36" and 28 months in these pictures, and didn't outgrow the Marathon RF for another several months.

That's the age & size my DS was when he outgrew his Marathon RF too. He outgrew it FF by 31 mos (shoulders over the top slots), probably around 37" total height. (He was 36" at 24 mos and 38" at 36 mos...just guessing in between).
It is amazing how much kids w/ the same general stats fit so differently in different seats.

Yoshi

Hopefully the OP will post more pics- but with the child only weighing 27 lbs, I agree that it would be worthwhile to pursue purchasing a higher-shelled Convertible seat with a 35-40lb RF limit. He is a cutie:) and he looks like he has a typical-for his age large toddler noggin, too-which makes me think rear-facing him longer is wise.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC