Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Travel Vest ?s

Unregistered

Travel Vest ?s

Can I use the travel vest with lap and shoulder belt and tether like you would a car seat or should I just use belt? I've read the manual about ten times but it doesn't say! Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Travel Vest ?s

Can I use the travel vest with both the lap/shoulder belt and top tether anchor? I've read the manual but it doesn't say! Thanks!

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Re: Travel Vest ?s

You're asking about the Ride Safer Travel Vest (RSTV), right? My understanding is that you can tether the RSTV when using a lap-shoulder seatbelt if you wish to use the tether. You're required to use the tether if you're using a lap-only seatbelt. ETA: LOL, I was approving and replying to your unregistered post while you logged in and reposted your question. I merged everything together here into a single thread.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 14, 65" 5 steps
    DD2 Age 11, 61" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

CPS Fanatic

Yes, the pp is right. Though the use of the tether is recommended for side impact stabilization. So I would use it if you have an anchor.
    Mommy to two wild little boys and a little princess!
    DS1 (01/05, 46 1/2", 44 lbs), Boring Gray Turbobooster / Harmony Literider
    DS2 (07/07, 39 1/2", 40lbs), Harvest Complete Air / Booster Training in a Maui Blue PWSG / RSTV
    DD (07/09, 33", 23lbs), rfing Flair MyRide / rfing Scenera

Thanks! I feel so much better with it being tethered, lol!