new Britax convertible - Marathon 70?

Suzanne74

I was told by 2 separate salespeople at 2 different stores that the RA50 were made in China. Could be completely false although I wasn't asking where they were made, just asking about different seats. Hope it isn't true.

ADS

DahliaRW

Any word on when we'll hear more details on heights, both kids' heights and harness slot heights? Leg room? Prototypes in people's hands?

To my knowledge, only the new PWSG and the Chaperone are MiC...the rest are made in the USA

Ah, yes, I meant PWSG, sorry!

Not a fan of MIC anything, and was worried Britax was starting to follow that trend, glad they're USA!

sunnymw

Meh. If it's a great seat with great features, I really don't care so much where it's made. If it fits my child and my car better than other seats location slips further down on the list of priorities. :)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'm also concerned about safety, in terms of all the other recent problems with children's products made in China. Not to mention jobs in our economy at a time when lots of people are losing them to workers in the far east who make a fraction of the salary in areas with no regard for workers, the environment or really anything but cheap goods. With infant seats, you don't have much choice. With convertibles, you still do.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I'm also concerned about safety, in terms of all the other recent problems with children's products made in China. Not to mention jobs in our economy at a time when lots of people are losing them to workers in the far east who make a fraction of the salary in areas with no regard for workers, the environment or really anything but cheap goods. With infant seats, you don't have much choice. With convertibles, you still do.

Ahh, I get you now:)

DahliaRW

Meh. If it's a great seat with great features, I really don't care so much where it's made. If it fits my child and my car better than other seats location slips further down on the list of priorities. :)

I will buy a MIC seat if it's the one that works best for my child. But given the choice of two seats that work equally well, I'll choose American made or made where I know there are fair labor practices.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'm in the middle. Made in America would be a factor, and not an insignificant one, but also not the only one. (moot since I'm not shopping for a convertible)

Jennifer mom to my 7

I'm in the middle. Made in America would be a factor, and not an insignificant one, but also not the only one. (moot since I'm not shopping for a convertible)

I agree with this. It is why I went from my made in USA britax seats, to a radian xtsl, so I could try to keep my kid as safe as possible in my car. Now, if the new britax seats can compare, I might get one for my baby, but I need the specifics.

It is also one of the reasons I like the complete air.

mommycat

Ok, so without reading 4 pages of posts - the info is true? Current Britax seats are getting re-done with 40lbsRF (and other new features)?

Stacy

2F3F.jpg

Did someone post this already?

That looks gorgerous, the shell, the cover...! :love:

If their new seats indeed have more depth and a shorter base, I am SO TOTALLY going to get one!:

zeo2ski

Any chance the headrest could be counted as shell height? Just noticing the handle thing at the top of it...though a quick adjust would sooo beat the knobs on the current BLVD, they take forever to adjust between kids.

I don't know that these seats will be better for me than others, but I could care less if I get one, I'm just very very VERY happy to see that Britax IS trying to improve and IS concerned about the tethered/untethered testing results. That helps restore my faith in the company.

Stacy

So did anyone else scroll thru the other pics and see the Cowmoo FN85 and Parkway SG?

I did, but this really got my attention:

thumb_lg_2CBL.jpg

How cool is that? I didn't know they had double strollers like this. Is this a new thing?

Jennifer mom to my 7

I did, but this really got my attention:

thumb_lg_2CBL.jpg

How cool is that? I didn't know they had double strollers like this. Is this a new thing?

New for britax, but not others. And really, look at it. You will kick the bottom seat. I don't understand how they think they compare at this point.

mom2juliarose

From what I understand, this is the first double in this style, though, that accepts 2 infant seats.

As for me, I looked through the pictures somewhere and saw JJCole is making a shower-cap style Bundle Me. Maybe they finally caught on?

crunchierthanthou

From what I understand, this is the first double in this style, though, that accepts 2 infant seats.

The Baby Jogger City Select can do two infant seats.

I found some more pictures of the Britax booth from the show -

http://theabcshow.phanfare.com/4673536_5167955#imageID=99663212
what do you think the one on the left is? Maybe MA70 in Onyx?

It has HUGS, but those are harness slots, not a no-rethread harness. I wonder if that blog with the info started with the BV or Advocate info and then didn't replace it with all the copy/pastes. :rolleyes:

http://theabcshow.phanfare.com/4673536_5167955#imageID=99663664
http://theabcshow.phanfare.com/4673536_5167955#imageID=99664012

Stacy

New for britax, but not others. And really, look at it. You will kick the bottom seat. I don't understand how they think they compare at this point.

Good point. At my height I probably would be kicking that poor babe on the bottom, unless that handle could extend *a lot* further. But it's a cool idea nonetheless. I have never seen a double stroller that stacked the buckets. And that color is rad :cool:

bfmarini

The Baby Jogger City Select can do two infant seats.

I found some more pictures of the Britax booth from the show -

http://theabcshow.phanfare.com/4673536_5167955#imageID=99663212
what do you think the one on the left is? Maybe MA70 in Onyx?

It has HUGS, but those are harness slots, not a no-rethread harness. I wonder if that blog with the info started with the BV or Advocate info and then didn't replace it with all the copy/pastes. :rolleyes:

http://theabcshow.phanfare.com/4673536_5167955#imageID=99663664
http://theabcshow.phanfare.com/4673536_5167955#imageID=99664012

Wow! You are quite the investigator! If i need to find anything online, I'm asking for your help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC