new Britax convertible - Marathon 70?

crunchierthanthou

know what comes up if you put "new britax "40 lbs rear facing"" in google?

I have no idea if it's official, but it's interesting to say the least. My guess is that the picture is just old stock photo and not accurate.

New Features:

The Britax Marathon 70 Car Seat will go up to 40 lbs rear facing and 70 lbs forward facing. (the original Marathon only went up to 35lbs rear facing and 65 lbs forward facing.)

The New Britax Marathon 70 Car seat will feature a new and improved EPP foam. The EPP foam (Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) Foam) is much stronger and less brittle than the EPS foam which used in the current Britax Marathon Car Seats. I’m really excited about this as on both my britax car seats that I own the foam did crack of in several spots!

The Britax Marathon 70 will feature a color coded lock system that is not currently in place on the original Marathon.

The Britax Marathon 70 will also feature low gravity control to minimize impact. This feature makes the New Marathon 70 (and all the new britax seats) the only car seat that passed the tether test without actually using a tether. (Most consumers dont use the tether! So now you can have that safety easily!)

Another Great new feature is the No Thread Adjusting. The new seat straps can be adjusted to all sizing without re threading the straps!

The Marathon 70 Car Seat will feature a new black plastic shell will extend the expiration on the car seat from 6 years to 7 years as the UV rays of the sun do not affect it.

New Colors:

The Marathon 70 Car Seat will be available in 6 patterns. The Marathon 70 Onyx, The Marathon 70 Blueprint, The Marathon 70 Waverly, The Marathon 70 Allison, The Marathon 70 Crimson, and my favorite the Marathon 70 in Cowmooflage.

What Stays the Same?

The Price! Even with all the great new features and changes the Britax Marathon 70 will remain at $279 Msrp.

http://britaxmarathon70.com/

ADS

crunchierthanthou

also,

The Britax Boulevard 70 Car Seat is an all new exciting Britax seat. Although the boulevard name stays the same this is totally changed and improved from the original Britax Boulevard Car Seat.

The Britax Boulevard 70 Car Seat will go up to 40 lbs rear facing and 70 lbs forward facing. (the original Boulevard CS only went up to 35lbs rear facing and 65 lbs forward facing.)

The New Britax Boulevard 70 Car seat will feature a new and improved EPP foam. The EPP foam (Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) Foam) is much stronger and less brittle than the EPS foam which used in the current Britax Boulevard Car Seats. I’m really excited about this as on both my britax car seats that I own the foam did crack of in several spots!

The Britax Boulevard 70 will feature a color coded lock system that is not currently in place on the original boulevard.

The Britax Boulevard 70 will also feature low gravity control to minimize impact. This feature makes the New Boulevard 70 (and all the new britax seats) the only car seat that passed the tether test without actually using a tether. (Most consumers dont use the tether! So now you can have that safety easily!)

Another Great new feature is the No Thread Adjusting. The new seat straps can be adjusted to all sizing without re threading the straps!

The Boulevard 70 Car Seat will feature a new black plastic shell will extend the expiration on the car seat from 6 years to 7 years as the UV rays of the sun do not affect it.

New Colors:

The Boulevard 70 will be available in 4 patterns. The Boulevard 70 Onyx, the Boulevard 70 Paisley, the Boulevard 70 Reviera, and my favorite the Boulevard 70 in Cowmooflage.

The Paisley, Reviera and Cowmooflage are all new colors for the boulevard 70 line. Only the Onyx color is continuing with the new line.

What Stays the Same?

The Price! Even with all the great new features and changes the Britax Boulevard 70 will remain at $329 Msrp.

http://britaxboulevard70.com/

New Features:

The Britax Advocate CS 70 Car Seat will go up to 40 lbs rear facing and 70 lbs forward facing. (the original Advocate CS only went up to 35lbs rear facing and 65 lbs forward facing.)

The New Britax Advocate CS 70 Car seat will feature a new and improved EPP foam. The EPP foam (Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) Foam) is much stronger and less brittle than the EPS foam which used in the current Britax Advocate CS Car Seats. I’m really excited about this as on both my britax car seats that I own the foam did crack of in several spots!

The Britax Advocate CS 70 will feature a color coded lock system that is not currently in place on the original advocate.

The Britax Advocate CS 70 will also feature low gravity control to minimize impact. This feature makes the New Advocate CS 70 (and all the new britax seats) the only car seat that passed the tether test without actually using a tether. (Most consumers dont use the tether! So now you can have that safety easily!)

The Advocate 70 CS Car Seat will feature a new black plastic shell will extend the expiration on the car seat from 6 years to 7 years as the UV rays of the sun do not affect it.

New Colors:

The Advocate CS 70 will be available in 4 patterns. The Advocate CS 70 Onyx, the Advocate CS 70 Paisley, the Advocate CS 70 Reviera, and my favorite the Advocate CS 70 in Cowmooflage.

The Paisley, Reviera and Cowmooflage are all new colors for the advocate CS 70 line. Only the Onyx color is continuing with the new line.

What Stays the Same?

The Price! Even with all the great new features and changes the Britax Advocate CS 70 will remain at $369 Msrp.

http://britaxadvocate70cs.com/

The Britax Roundabout 55 Car Seat is an all new exciting Britax seat. Although the boulevard name stays the same this is totally changed and improved from the original Britax Boulevard Car Seat.

The Britax Roundabout 55 Car Seat will go up to 40 lbs rear facing and 55 lbs forward facing. (the original Roundabout 50 only went up to 35lbs rear facing and 50 lbs forward facing.)

The New Britax Roundabout 55 Car seat will feature a new and improved EPP foam. The EPP foam (Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) Foam) is much stronger and less brittle than the EPS foam which used in the current Britax Roundabout Car Seats. I’m really excited about this as on both my britax car seats that I own the foam did crack of in several spots!

The Britax Roundabout 55 will feature a color coded lock system that is not currently in place on the original boulevard.

The Britax Roundabout 55 will also feature low gravity control to minimize impact. This feature makes the New Roundabout 55 (and all the new britax seats) the only car seat that passed the tether test without actually using a tether. (Most consumers dont use the tether! So now you can have that safety easily!)

The Roundabout 55 Car Seat will feature a new black plastic shell will extend the expiration on the car seat from 6 years to 7 years as the UV rays of the sun do not affect it.

New Colors:

The Roundabout 55 will be available in 3 patterns. The Roundabout 55 Onyx, the Roundabout 55 Davenport, and the Roundabout 55 Smokey Pearl.

What Stays the Same?

The Price! Even with all the great new features and changes the Britax Roundabout 55 will remain at $199 Msrp.

http://britaxroundabout55.com

crunchierthanthou

excuse me as I keep replying to my own posts. Here are my favorite parts -

The Britax Marathon 70 will also feature low gravity control to minimize impact. This feature makes the New Marathon 70 (and all the new britax seats) the only car seat that passed the tether test without actually using a tether. (Most consumers dont use the tether! So now you can have that safety easily!)

It sounds like they are concerned about the TC and NHTSA tests and are doing something about it.

The Marathon 70 Car Seat will be available in 6 patterns. The Marathon 70 Onyx, The Marathon 70 Blueprint, The Marathon 70 Waverly, The Marathon 70 Allison, The Marathon 70 Crimson, and my favorite the Marathon 70 in Cowmooflage.

oh, how I like that crimson cover.

jeminijad

Okay... what about the seat depth?!? There needs to be at least an extra couple of inches more to make 40lbs RFing vaguely possible... the pic in the other thread does look like the base isn't quite as high.

Good thing I'm TTC. I can forsee a Marathon 70 in our future.

seamonkeys

Interesting! Definitely looks like the old stock photos. But the descriptions do seem in line with those other photos showing a black base!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I know you're not spamming your own site (??) lol, but I removed the links to be fair to sponsors and such blah blah blah. People can always cut and paste to see the original.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
The Marathon 70 is available to order at pishposhbaby (no pic, though) with some similar details as the link in the comments.

ETA: Too slow, LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mae

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Very promising, indeed! Excellent detective work, Crunchy. :love:

But ...

O.

M.

G.

Could they not have given these seats new names? Since they're completely new and different? Now we'll have the MA, the MA CS, the MA 70, the BLVD, the BLVD CS, BLVD 70, Roundabout, Roundabout 50 (which is actually a MA :rolleyes:), Roundabout 55, etc. How confusing!

autumnlily

If, oh, if the seat is an infinite harness without a continuous loop - I WILL buy the seat.

I dreamt about a no-thread harness just the other day!

I hope it has an 18" top harness slot - I would just drool :thumbsup:

I'm so sick of rethreading harness straps for four different children (only two have the same torso). I wanted to love the Symphony but couldn't trust that DH or my parents could keep the straps evenly tight.

rachelandtyke

hmm, that is interesting! We've loved our Blvd and I've been sad it was expiring (next year, lol). We'll see what happens, but maybe this will be the replacement . . .

or . . . the older ones will go on drastic markdown and I can justify one for rfing use only . . . We won't need the 40lb rf or 70 lb ff limits for him anyway . . .

Cryssy Jane

Interesting... but ummm is it bad to say I'm not yet impressed. I mean do we know anything about possible shell changes (besides white to black) in terms of overall height or harness height evern. I know personally I don't come across many kiddos that can still fit in a regular MA at 65lbs so the upper weight limit there wouldn't do them any good.

crunchierthanthou

Interesting... but ummm is it bad to say I'm not yet impressed. I mean do we know anything about possible shell changes (besides white to black) in terms of overall height or harness height evern. I know personally I don't come across many kiddos that can still fit in a regular MA at 65lbs so the upper weight limit there wouldn't do them any good.

I'm remaining optimistic. The basic shell shape in the unintentional(?) photo from ABC looks a whole lot like a frontier. still not loving the high base, but it's a new shell shape for sure. :shrug-shoulders:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Other models are not unlike the current MA in that regard. For example, take the Radian 80 in terms of typical kids reaching the height limits far before the weight limits. Big box retailers want lower minimums and higher maximums. So, the manufacturers oblige as much as possible, without making the seats so big and heavy that everyone would hate them for that reason. And, of course, we do have something of a childhood obesity epidemic and the occasional cry for manufacturers to do something for those kids.

Everything is a tradeoff. If you make the seat taller with higher harness positions, it gets heavier and/or may not perform as well for things like head excursion, all else being equal. Finding the ideal balance is the key. Even if I could talk about it, I have no measurements to talk about anyway, so we will all be waiting to see if they succeeded!

autumnlily

Please, please say there is a bit more leg room.

Honestly, if these are as good as they sound and if they up the top harness slot and are as easy to install as they are.... Sunshine Kids will have to step up their "upright" issues and install challenges (of course, they will still corner the slender market).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC