leather monterey?? also, backless

ADS

christineka

Oh, good. I have no temptation. I thought leather had already been tried and decided to be a bad idea for car seats. The backless boosters look good, but I'm happy with the $13.50 harmony.

christineka

Um, $70 for a backless booster???? What does it do? Fly? Serve drinks? Clean up your kids' messes?

That's $10 less than the clek olli (I believe that's the name of it.) The monterey is width adjustable. Without it's back it should be a thin booster. I'm still not going to pay $70 for a backless. The harmony literider is so light than I'm not even worried about it flying at my head in a crash.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
leather, nasty.

I think selling the backless santa fe isn't an awful idea, actually. With an MSRP of $70, chances are you'll be able to get it for $50 on sale...and if it can latch in, and is big and nice and wide and comfy, it seems like a decent option.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ooo! Sticky!

And I'd happily pay more $$$ for a seat with monkey skulls. If I were going to spend that much money on a backless booster. Which I'm not. Yet. (Does the olli even come in Skurvy?)

mish

I am just picturing us getting somewhere and Ryan saying, "Mom! I am stuck to my seat! Help me get off!" We then proceed to the ER as half of his skin has peeled off.

Plus, it's ugly. There. I said it. That is maybe the ugliest car seat I have ever seen.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I had really been hoping for a different Monterey cover. But, um, not that.

I think $70 is on the high side for a backless booster, but it is in line with the clek. If they keep the 120# weight limit and the width, some kids will need it.

ginny4

ewwwww the leather cover. that's aweful

the backless : not bad price. tho i'd probably not spend that much money for a backless tho.

mish

If Ryan were a girl, or would accept it anyway, I would be all over that new olli cover! And yes, I think SKJP does have a nasty pleather cover for the Radian. It is a horrid shade of brown. Barf.

babyherder

That's $10 less than the clek olli (I believe that's the name of it.) The monterey is width adjustable. Without it's back it should be a thin booster. I'm still not going to pay $70 for a backless. The harmony literider is so light than I'm not even worried about it flying at my head in a crash.

there's a strap hanging down in front, which likely means it has flexible LATCH capabilities. The Olli is ~$90. :shrug-shoulders:

The clek olli has awesome covers. I want them. Its a shallow reason to pay more for safety equipment but if I had the money...

I guess I can see where the price might come from if it has latch. Fair enough. Just didn't think of it the first time.

Wiggles

I think the pleather (I'm assuming it's not ACTUALLY leather) Monterey seat could be good for use in an institutional setting. I'd definitely be able to see how that would be useful there. For your average user, no. But being able to wipe it down after a field trip to the ice cream factory where little Timmy got covered in ice cream from the free-sample table while you were breaking up a fight between little Jenny and her twin sister Julie would be invaluable in a daycare type setting.

all together ooky

It may be good for those that have kids with sensitivities/allergies to cloth too. I, personally, wouldn't get it since I don't even like leather seats in cars. But, I could see where in some cases it would be desirable.

christineka

How many daycares are going to be shelling out over $100 for a booster seat? I can understand the pleather cover for a hwh seat for a special needs van, but not for a high back booster. Most daycares with booster seats have the cheapo backless ones whether they have headrests available or not.

Pixels

The pleather Radian cover is intended for institutional use, especially medical. I assume the same is true of the Monterey.

Is it me, or is the Santa Fe just a backless Monterey, maybe with beefier (taller) arm rests? I mean, it's good, who wants to buy the whole booster if you're only going to use the backless.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My DH thought the leather Monterey was absolutely gorgeous. Now he's bummed he doesn't have a fancy black interior BMW or Mercedes to put it in.

Guy brain talking, there :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC