I used to want to work at BRU...

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I even applied and was offered a great job doing sales/marketing...but had to turn it down due to fuel costs at the time....and now I think I'm glad. I don't know if I could bite my tongue day in and day out seeing the horrid misuse with sweet precious new cargo.

We were there today, and there was the teeniest little Noob...in an Evenflo infant seat...with at least four different misuses...belly clip, loose harness, after market harness strap covers, one of those zip up cover thingys...can't even remember what they are called....oh, and an after market head rest. Geez, that makes 5.

Don't even get me started on the fact that they never held this sweet baby in the store. Just left her strapped into her car seat.

Sigh....it's probably a good thing I turned down that job. I'm not sure I could handle my tongue bleeding that frequently.

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

The zip up cover thing I think you're referring to is actually fine. It is called a shower cap cover or are you referring to something else?

mish

Plus, if you were at the BRU in Tulsa you would have to deal with idiots for coworkers. I'm sure not all of them are, but every one I have encountered has been. Any time I have asked a question (about anything!) they stare at me with a blank look in their eyes.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, Mish, that was half my reason for getting my job there, to help improve the state of things. We need a subversive movement of CPST's to get part time jobs there to make sure the public and the employees get a teeny bit of educating <wink wink nudge nudge, lol>.

But as for the kids that are in scary-bad seats, it's like that parable of the starfish...I can at least help the one kid who's parents want to be helped...

http://www.racematters.org/theparableofthestarfish.htm

One morning an elderly man was walking on a nearly deserted beach. He came upon a boy surrounded by thousands and thousands of starfish. As eagerly as he could, the youngster was picking them up and throwing them back into the ocean.

Puzzled, the older man looked at the young boy and asked, "Little boy, what are you doing?"

The youth responded without looking up, "I'm trying to save these starfish, sir."

The old man chuckled aloud, and queried, "Son, there are thousands of starfish and only one of you. What difference can you make?"

Holding a starfish in his hand, the boy turned to the man and, gently tossing the starfish into the water, said, "It will make a difference to that one!"

mish

That is so true! If I didn't have to drive two hours to the nearest BRU that would be a cool job. And I was in no way saying all BRU employees are dumb. In fact, I know some of them are super smart! I have just encountered several bad ones at that store.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Bundle Me! That's what it was. Sigh....

And yes, it was the Tulsa one. I actually got into it one day with an employee there who tried telling a customer the Britax MA converted to a booster. He claimed to be a tech (I was at the time). I went to the manager over that one.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That is so true! If I didn't have to drive two hours to the nearest BRU that would be a cool job. And I was in no way saying all BRU employees are dumb. In fact, I know some of them are super smart! I have just encountered several bad ones at that store.

Oh yeah, when the only option was the one 30+ miles away? No way in heck could I commute for that. But it opened only 6 miles from my house, so after I got over my fear of going in there and hearing bad advice, I finally got up my courage to apply :D

BookMama

Senior Community Member
But as for the kids that are in scary-bad seats, it's like that parable of the starfish...I can at least help the one kid who's parents want to be helped...

http://www.racematters.org/theparableofthestarfish.htm

One morning an elderly man was walking on a nearly deserted beach. He came upon a boy surrounded by thousands and thousands of starfish. As eagerly as he could, the youngster was picking them up and throwing them back into the ocean.

Puzzled, the older man looked at the young boy and asked, "Little boy, what are you doing?"

The youth responded without looking up, "I'm trying to save these starfish, sir."

The old man chuckled aloud, and queried, "Son, there are thousands of starfish and only one of you. What difference can you make?"

Holding a starfish in his hand, the boy turned to the man and, gently tossing the starfish into the water, said, "It will make a difference to that one!"

I love this parable.

The SK coalition that I work with most gave a "Starfish" award at the annual thank-you dinner last year. I won it. :eek: :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC