What a great carseat day for me!

Splash

Backstory part 1- Coworker of mine has 4 yo grand daughter (of whom she has full custody) in lap belt only since she outgrew the comfortsport used with non-locking seatbelts. Understands the importance of carseats, lacks the finances. Vehicles are 1970s VW bug, 1988 Chevy whatsamajigger pickup. About 8 months ago, I encouraged her to apply to KDMF for seats.

Backstory part 2- My SIL's ex BFF called me over the weekend (my married SIL went after C's long time boyfriend, C rightly dumped them both after carnal relations ensued) asking what seat to get for her FF almost 3 30 pound 37" son B, under $100 since she'll have to buy two. I told her Evenflo Maestro unless she could swing GN. She went to BRU, they didn't have the EM. Went to another BRU to get it.

So today...

My coworker came to my office and told her Laura (KDMF) called her today and will be shipping her seat this week! It'll come to the hospital and our SK coordinator will be her tech. Yay!

C texted me that she got B the GN and next paycheck she's going back for another to put her long since boostered biggish 5.5 year old back in a harness.

What a great day!

It also makes me smile that my SIL, who always rejected any/all carseat advice I gave her, apparently griped about it enough to C for C to remember that I'm the go to gal for seats. It made me really happy that she sought me out for advice. :love:

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC