Question Why do infant car seat bases have brand names on the inside?

y_p_w

I can't quite figure out why every single infant car seat base I've seen has the brand name displayed on the inside edge. I would think that the brand name would generally be visible, but every one I've seen (Chicco, Safety 1st, Graco, Combi, etc) have the brand name where it would be hidden when properly installed. I suppose one might be able to get a tiny peek at the Graco name on the SnugRide base since it's slanted. About the only thing I can think of is that when displayed on a shelf and attached to the base with the seating area visible, one can see the brand name.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't know why, but I do suspect that better labeling would lead to a LOT fewer mistaken purchases and returns of the Graco bases. People buy a snugride and then buy the much cooler looking snugride 35 base as a spare and end up having to return it, or they register for the wrong one and people buy it and they have to return it. It's just a nightmare, from a retail peon's perspective.

canadiangie

I don't know why, but I do suspect that better labeling would lead to a LOT fewer mistaken purchases and returns of the Graco bases. People buy a snugride and then buy the much cooler looking snugride 35 base as a spare and end up having to return it, or they register for the wrong one and people buy it and they have to return it. It's just a nightmare, from a retail peon's perspective.

I absolutely agree with this. It is a total nightmare for retail staff who aren't 'into' car seats like we are.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC