How to travel with a booster?!!

firemomof3

We're leaving for FL on Friday and dd2 & ds are using their Radians. DH & I will each be wearing one :) I was planning on using a Compass booster for
dd1 but I just folded it and put it in its travel bag and....its huge! I cannot imagine carrying that thing on with me :eek: Has anyone done this before?

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

With DD1 we just had her carry her backless TB. When she got tired I used that shoulder adjustment strap to attach it the handle of our carry on luggage. It worked really well. It did take a bit for me to get over having her ride in a backless duing the trip. I relaxed a bit when I saw our rental had side curtain airbags and just how well the belt fit her. Otherwise I was prepared to buy a HBB while we were there. ;)

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
If the child is old enough, a backless booster might be easier to carry (or as PP said, one that separates and you can pack the back but carry the bottom on the plane).

Otherwise, I am a big fan of the RSTV for travel (or the Safeguard Go - which I tend to carry on the plane on the outbound flight and check it coming home, since I don't need it at my destination coming home).

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If you want to bring the Compass (rather than a backless or breaking a Turbo into two and packing the back in your luggage), could you strap it to your luggage/carryon?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC