SONY TV Defect/Class Action Lawsuit

lovinwaves

This pertain to the Sony TV SXRD XBR(series) 50" and 60".

I just got off the phone with the lawyer in New York City, and DH and I are now part of advocation of the Class Action Lawsuit. This is very disappointing to me, because we usually buy all Sony Products. It is a very detailed and very LONG story, but if anyone has this TV here is the info links.

http://www.sonysxrdtvclassaction.com/main/home.sfx

I do have a copy of the amended complaint if anyone is interested. Please PM me if you or anyone you know has this tv, regardless of if they are experiencing this issue!

Also, if any of you are pursing purchasing this TV please beware of this unresolved issue. This only pertains to the XBR series.

DH and I are devistated to find out our several thousands of dollar TV is now junk..... :( The "Green Glob", as it is fondly referred to, is overtaking our screen and is not repairable. Our TV is exactly a year old.

Darren, I hope it is ok to post this, if not I will understand if it has been deleted...

ADS

Morganthe

Less than a year old and they can't repair or won't replace your TV???

That's rotten customer service, especially for such a well known name brand that used to pride itself on the quality of its products! :( :mad: :( :mad:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Well I don't know what to say, other then that SUCKS! That really, really, really SUCKS :( And I am sorry to hear that! Hope you get this all resolved quickly.

Splash

Did you put it in a credit card? If you purchased it with a platinum (or maybe even gold) Visa or MC, they'll double your manufacturer's warranty up to one year.

Morganthe

no, just a few days over a year... that's the rub.

That's such a pain. I've had a couple of 'expired' warranties over the years that were within a few weeks time frame of the overdue date. One company honored it anyway and I told the other, it was a 'house warming gift' without a receipt. I also did the same with Fisher price one time. They were replaced without any trouble. But neither item was over a couple of hundred dollars at the most.

Have you contacted the company you purchased it through? Sometimes they'll intervene because a product malfunction gives the retailer a bad rap too.

lovinwaves

Ok, an update to my Daily H*LL!! I called and fought and fought and fought and fought and fought and fought...ok well...um....don't mess with a housewife!!! I finally made my way up the consumer relations ladder. The deal is now they are going to fix it (replace the optical blocker) and give me an extended 1 year warranty.

Well, that may sound good and all, but it isn't. Usually the problem will rear its ugly head again, and there are also other resolution and hazing problems with the new optical blocker. I'm afraid this battle is not over and is just beginning. I have begun my evidence collection including photographs of our "green blob", and video of it. This is horrible, and will DEFINITELY BE OUR LAST SONY PRODUCT!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC