Radian fading from sun already.

AtTheSouthDam

Is it normal? This is the one I got at the end of march, RN 65SL in Granite and the top side is already faded pretty badly. Dh's car doesn't have tinted windows and I know carseats fade but I figured it would be closer to a year or two, not a month and half! Is there something I can do to protect it? Is it going to cause the fabric to degrade quicker? Is this encouragement to hurry up and get a Monaco cover? :p

I can't get photos because my batteries dead.

ADS

melniemi

SK will likely replace it for you. You can ask for a different cover, not sure what they'll do. They'll want pic though.

AtTheSouthDam

SK will likely replace it for you. You can ask for a different cover, not sure what they'll do. They'll want pic though.

I'd only want a new cover if this is unusual, a quality issue with the fabric. I have never had a car that didn't have tinted windows nor a black car seat :(

I'm going to put a blanket on it from now on. DH is worried about the integrity of the fabric being ruined by the sun.

BrendansMommy

It doesn't take long. My DH's car doesn't have tinted windows and every seat we put in there, with the exception fo the GN, has faded within months. The weirdest was a ComfortSport about 5 years ago that started out TAN, and faded to PURPLE.

christineka

Yeah. I have learned to keep seats covered in dh's car. I've had black covers in his car and take a black fabric marker to them to make the covers look better. Those seats are gone- just have the recaro vivo in his car. I am trying to be meticulous about keeping it covered when not in use.

leighi123

I got a new cover for my TF b/c the black parts faded to white w/tan bits in the sun. It was very weird looking.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My Granites faded rapidly. I haven't had that happen with any other Radian covers, to that extent anyway.

ctbcleveland

I guess this gives me a reason to consider our constant overcast skies a good thing :rolleyes: My radian still looks brand new after almost 2 years of use in good ole Ohio.

skitle1802

It doesn't take long. My DH's car doesn't have tinted windows and every seat we put in there, with the exception fo the GN, has faded within months. The weirdest was a ComfortSport about 5 years ago that started out TAN, and faded to PURPLE.

We had that happen to a tan towel that I laid in the back window of our Crown Victoria, untinted windows. The tan towel turned the prettiest shade of Turquoise!!!!
Any seat I put in our Aveo outboard has faded, Graco CS, CarGo, Evenflo Titan, etc. The only ones I didn't have a problem with was the Britax MA covers. I started leaving white fitted crib sheets over the seats when my DH drove without the kids.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC