DS learned about car safety in school today

Gena

DS just tuned 6 and is in Kindergarten. His class has been doing a unit on safety topics. Today he learned about being safe in the car.

DS brought home these handouts:

Which Safety Seat is Right for You? (completed with his age, weight, and height).
Booster Seats: What Caregivers, Policy makers and Kids Need to Know
Information about about Ohio's Booster Seat Law
A song about riding safely in the car

DS was excited to share these handouts with us and talk about being safe in the car every time. It was pretty cool.

ADS

tjham

Really cool! And they don't even mention the archaic "RF to one year old and twenty lbs" nonsense.

Although I might be tempted to draw in a back on the booster before I copied it if I were to use it for a class. :p

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
That's awesome! (ETA: I'd also draw a back on the booster, and draw a convertible next to the infant seat and take out the word "infant")

Where in OH are you?

Gena

That's awesome! (ETA: I'd also draw a back on the booster, and draw a convertible next to the infant seat and take out the word "infant")

Where in OH are you?

I agree that the pictures aren't great. Still, I was impressed with the text and the overall message.

We're in the Dayton area.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I too am impressed. I am especially impressed at the 35-40lb rf limit. :) Nice.

Good on the harnessing and even going so far as to mention boostering after they nolonger fit in a harness as to go for extended harnessing. :thumbsup:

I love that they threw out there 8-12 yrs old.

It is much better than anything I've seen. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC