Damaged True Fit Cover- What should I do?

pinkgirlmommy

I receive a True Fit in Monet last May as a baby shower gift. My 4 yr old DD used it for about 5 months and then we found a Nautilus on sale for 1/2 price so she is now in that. We put the True Fit back in plastic and back in its original box and put it in the garage for a couple of months. We got it out this weekend and an animal somehow got in it and chewed on the cover and the seat belt. The seat and foam are not damaged at all. I was soooo upset as I spend months researching carseats and picked this out for our "big" baby shower gift. I called the company and they are sending me a new belt replacement free of charge so now I either need to try to fix the holes on the seat or buy a new one, which are $60 from what I gather. I am thinking about just selling the seat and buying a new one. Does anyone have suggestions for how much to sell the seat "naked" for or with the damaged cover that could probably be sewn? I don't sew or I would try to fix it. I am not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ADS

Wiggles

Is there a reason you're not looking into buying a replacement cover for it? I'm sure that you could track one down. It doesn't matter if a cover has been crashed or not, so long as the seat and harness have not. I was under the impression that True Fit covers were replaceable.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
She said it's too expensive for her tastes at $60.

Have you considered asking if anyone on Swap has a spare cover you can buy? I know we have members who have bought extra covers, some may be willing to sell for less than that price.

Wiggles

Oooh... I'm a dimbulb. I misread that as buying a new SEAT. Which is stupid stupid of me to think, seeing as how no True Fit ever sold for 60 bucks new. :eek:

Excuse my stupid. I cannot brain today.

keri1292

I think you'll probably be out about $60 by the time you sell it with a damaged cover. I'd pay for the new cover and keep the holey one as an emergency spare. :thumbsup:

rodentranger

A mouse chewed my TF cover whil it was installed in my car! I just left it the way it was because the damage was small and inconsequential. I even sold it that way on CL. The people didn't care and I was sure to point it out.:twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC