Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    CPS Technician

Cybex Pallas pics and questions...

We tried the Cybex Pallas today. I think I want to get it for Seth. The shield can be used to 39.5 lbs then it would be just a booster.
    He will be 4 in Sept and is 30.5 lbs clothed. Also we will have a Radian as a baclk up, so if he hit 40lbs before being ready for a booster, we can use a back up seat.

So have you heard anything neg about them? Did ADAC do any crash test so I can see the performance?

Here are some pics. He LOVES it and didnt want to leave without it.

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Cybex Pallas pics and questions...

Gosh, he's a cute kid. Don't know anything about the testing, sorry, but have seen positive opinions of the body shield vs the harness in terms of neck loads, etc. Some discussion here about the Kiddy shield seats:
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=112226
    Cat in Canada
    DS1 7 yo - 47 lbs (47"/??"t/??"top of head) - boostered in SKMonterey/2TBs/2CowmooPWSG/2HarmonyNBBs
    DS2 4 yo - 34.5 lbs (40"/15"t/??"top of head) - FF in CowmooMA/TrueFit/2Radians/2Nautiluses/HarmonyV7
    Also in possession of: Graco SafeSeat1 and MyRide (loaned out) + 1 demo seat: SnugRide.

CPS Technician

That is the main reason for me looking into the seat. I have yet to see a crash test video of it though... Hmm... Maybe there is one floating around somewhere.

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

If you can search in German, I think there may be some of the Recaro shield.

oh better yet, look at this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2kO8AxKbrM"]YouTube- 5 point harness vs. booster seat crash test[/ame]

I would have no problem putting my child in one. It goes against the North American mentality of shield being these horrible dangerous devices...but the design is completely different from the oldschool harnessed seat shields. I also must say that I was REALLY impressed with Cybex as a company. They are very professional, passionate, informative, and their shirts even matched at Lifesavers. I absolutely love their infant seat, and was getting all excited that it might be a three-point with Euro routing of the harness but as it turns out they're re-designing it with a 5-pt for the American market.

-Nicole.

Abbi (9, Ozzi/Olli), Aiden (11, Affix), Mason (16), & Kyle (18) in '02 Protege5 & '11 Ody TE.
    It's like free money...Couponsurfers.com

CPS Technician

Thanks Nicole.
    DH told me to get it so I may sell a seat and get it. I really like the idea a lot.

When I first saw it I thought it was dangerous. Then I tried Seth in it and saw the difference. He hated it the first time we tried it, but today he kept sitting in it and playing. I think he liked using the shield as a road for his cars. LOL.

mum2kiss

Smile Re: Cybex Pallas pics and questions...

So glad I've come across this

I've been looking for a crash test on the pallas and this is the best one I've seen. I have my daughter rear facing in a seat that carries up to 25kgs but I need a spare seat that's easy to move from car to car, but is also as safe as I can get in a forward facing seat. I think the Pallas is it! Did you get one in the end? I would be very interested to know if how you're getting on

Unregistered

Justbought Cybex pallas 2010 and shocked to find out that the foams are only made of styrofoam. Did I just bought a fake immitarion?
    When I put my baby for the first time she grabbed the crash pillow cover and it was bared. Before I bought it I had high expectation that it's made of high quality materials as I have read in some reviews in the net. Itis even advertised that the crash pillow has the same protection to the baby as air bags?

Could anyone chech their Cybex pallas by simply opening the cover if their crash pillow is also made of styrofoam?